Start a new topic
Answered

sonoff 4ch pro R2 wiring for 3 pin sockets

HI...I would like to know how the wiring is done for a 3 pin socket to which my home appliance will be connected, on the 4ch pro R2 there is only input for live line and neutral line, earth grounding input is not there. in this case how can the 3 pin socket be connected.. Thank You

Best Answer

If you are powering it with line voltage the line connects to line input and the COM on the relay.  The neutral connects to the neutral input and the neutral pin on the socket.  The NO on the relay connects to the Line pin on the socket.  There are lots of example diagrams on the Sonoff web site using light bulbs.  Consider your socket as a light bulb with the tip being the line and the threads being the neutral.

Bypass the Sonoff and tie the ground pin directly to the ground wire.  Ground should not be switched in any way.

1 person likes this

Thank you E W

May I know the right method of connecting the line and neutral to the socket from the sonoff 4 ch pro  R2 switch 

Tx

Answer

If you are powering it with line voltage the line connects to line input and the COM on the relay.  The neutral connects to the neutral input and the neutral pin on the socket.  The NO on the relay connects to the Line pin on the socket.  There are lots of example diagrams on the Sonoff web site using light bulbs.  Consider your socket as a light bulb with the tip being the line and the threads being the neutral.

1 person likes this

Thank you E W

"the line connects to line input and the COM on the relay."

so do i need jumpers to connect the line in with every COM port? Correct?

Thank's

If you wish to switch the line voltage through them the answer is yes.  Follow the light bulb diagrams on the sonoff website.

1 person likes this

Thank you... successfully done!

Login or Signup to post a comment