Start a new topic

How to use mobile phone as pager

I've been trialing sonoff for a couple of weeks. This is my first foray into the internet of things and it's proving to be a pretty underwhelming experience. I am looking for a solution whereby if a PIR detects something, it rings an alarm for several seconds on my phone, like a pager. That's it. That's all I'm looking for (initially at least), and I'm quite surprised how difficult it is proving to achieve.

I am currently using IFTTT to play a beeper sound when Ewelink receives an alarm notification. This works after a fashion but the notification system is inherently too slow and too unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'd like something that works just on wifi so it doesn't have to rely on an internet connection.

Just wondering if anyone knows of such a solution? Thanks.

1 person has this question

I have been gone through this post and it really informative to the user. I am using a Dell laptop and I was facing issues while I tried to play a game than adobe flash player doesn't support the game then I decided to take assistance from Photoshop Error 16  team and I took. they helped me to resolve my issues in a couple of minutes.

Before mobile arrives there was pager being used for sharing information. you can use mobile as pager but the problem you may face is to finding the wide area network as it is not in use so much right now.  your service will just send a text message to the phone instead of the pager. if you are having any issue with adobe flash player then you may contact at How to unblock abode flash player

Login or Signup to post a comment