Start a new topic

Manually start Sonoff TH16 and stop at specific temperature

Hi, I have installed a TH16 to control my water heater but there is no option to manually (manual control is disabled in Auto mode where the user can set temperature values) turn on until a specific temperature. It's only possible with "Schedule". Can you please add that? Or where can I ask for this feature if you are not responsible for this? I'm using the Ewelink app.

To my knowledge "Schedule" doesn't work either in Auto mode.

I tried it this afternoon and started a one time schedule with the off temp one degree higher than the one showing and it turned off.. Didn't do further tests.. My request is to start it manually and have it stop when the water is warm enough.. I haven't tried this using the physical button maybe that works at least while the app is in Auto mode.

According to me you can use "Schedule" only for time, not temperature. 

I use the TH16 to control the pump of my floor heating. During winter season the pump starts via the TH16 as soon as it registers a higher water temperature. Apart from this I have a schedule for 5 minutes every 24 hours to prevent the pump to get stuck during summer season. This schedule, every day 03:00 AM for 5 minutes, only works in manual mode.

What I want to accomplish are the following: 1) I have a schedule of 30 minute duration every morning but if there is some warm water since the previous night for example, I want the heater to turn off not after the whole 30 minute period but when the water comes to 47C. I think this is possible at the moment but must double check. 2) When I return home from the gym or work I want to start the heater from the app not for a period of time but until it gets warm enough for shower.. Again 45-47C. For this to happen I need to be able to manually start the water heater AND have a turn-off temperature which is not possible now. George

Hi George,

In my app I can choose either a temperature controlled pump in Auto mode, or a time (schedule) controlled pump in Manual mode. I would like to combine those two. In that case, during summer the pump will be switched on for 5 minutes every night, but will still be operational when it is a cold day and my heat system switches on. This is not possible I think. During summer I switch to Manual mode.

Want you want for number 1 is not possible I think. Number 2 is partially possible. You can, using your app, switch to Manual mode and start the heater. The only thing is that you don't have a limited temperature. You have to switch it off manually.

That's why we need some features added. Let's say some AND and OR boolean logic between time and temperature. I think the developers can easily implement that. And I certainly hope they will.

For developers it might be not that difficult I think.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment