Start a new topic

Sonoff T1 EU replacing Motor Clockwise/ Anticlockwise?

In the past I bought myself a Motor Clockwise/Anticlockwise Running WiFi Wireless Switch Model: IM160601001 to control, in a case (see picture) a roller shutter. I was perfectly happy with this product and was willing to buy more for my other shutters. But then found out it was retired. Since then only 1 shutter is controlled by my smartphone.

Now I read about the Sonoff T1 EU: 2 Gang WiFi RF Smart Wall Touch Light Switch. This might be the solution to my problem. In my opinion I could use the 2-gang version to replace the Motor Clockwise/Anticlockwise. There is only 1 catch. When using gang 1 the power to gang 2 should automatically be cut off. And when using gang 2 the power to gang 1 should automatically be cut off as well of course. Would this be possible?

Thank you up front for your help.

I found this:

"Er zitten in feite twee motoren in door de manier van wikkelen.
Dus de ene draad laat de motor de ene kant op draaien, de ander draad laat de motor tegengesteld lopen.
"

Translated:

"Because of the way of winding there are actually 2 motors. So 1 wire turns the motor in one direction, the other wire turns the motor in the opposite direction."

This is with 230V AC

Good find. Does the paragraph make sense in Dutch? The translation has two motors (plural) and then refers to motor in the singular. I guess two motors is simplest way though, had guessed it would cost more though. Does mean you can’t just wire it up though. Pity.
Yes it does make sense. It is hard to translate. I will give it another go ;-).

It is 1 motor, but the way of winding makes it act like 2 motors.

Well, my attempt at reading the Dutch failed completely. I think a normal 1 direction AC motor has two coils already (a main one and a starter one). Do you think this says there are two starter coils (3 total) ?
I have to admit that I don't know that. The only way to find out is to dismantle one I think ;-).

Good luck. My experience is that the person who answers e-mails most often has no technical knowledge and all they do is parrot what is in the FAQ anyway. Also they like gluing things so you can’t open them :( This is the good thing with Sonoff. They do like little white stickers, but they do make it easy to open. Their waterproof cases are even designed for the naked PCB from their switches.
You might be right. I have approched them in German, hopefully that makes a difference. If not I can always participate in a forum in Germany.

By "dismantle" I meant cut it in pieces ;-).

A very strange idea came into my head. You might ridicule me but I will write it anyway.

I am not familiar with relays and don’t know how to connect everything, but would it be possible to use a T1 EU 1-gang and connect a relay with NO and NC to that (picture)? When you switch the T1 on NO will switch the black wire. And switching off means NC will switch the brown wire. It’s just a strange idea.

I think that wound solve the states UP and DOWN. What about when you wanted it to do neither UP nor DOWN? I think you’d need another switch in series?
"neither Up nor DOWN?" That's not possible. It is either UP or DOWN ;-).

I don’t understand. So are your blinds either Up or down, but never in the middle? That is what I meant by neither up nor down. If there are just the two states then your idea would probably work. The device probably has a built in auto stop function.
Correct, up or down. Yes the motor has a auto stop function.

I asked the German supplier if it would be harmfull to the motor if both wires of the motor would be switched on simultaneously. I received this reply:

"Ein Schutz liegt nicht vor. Bei direktem Kontakt der Leitungen L1 Braun und L1 Schwarz schließen Sie den Motor kurz, was zu einem Defekt führt, da der Antrieb gleichzeitig einen Fahrimpuls für beide Richtungen erhält.".

Short free translation; it will be shortcutted and can be thrown in the dustbin.

It will be nice of course to stop the shutter at any position. So I redesigned my scheme, see picture. Instead of a continoues L to the relay I can switch it off I use a T1 EU 2 gang. In that case the shutter can be stopped at any position I think.

Rolluik 2.jpg
(77.8 KB)
On your computer is the image really blurry? Maybe it is because I am using a phone…
That might cause it. It is a quite clear picture.

Login or Signup to post a comment