Start a new topic

two way (or more) light switch

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but I danced around the room today when I figured this out.

I have been wondering for quite some time now, how I can create two, three or four way switch's. (not to be confused with gangs)

e.g. I have a traditional light switch at the entrance door to the bedroom, and another two switch's controlling the same light at either side of the bed. I really have been scratching my head how I could use sonoff's to replace this set up.........

NOW I KNOW HOW!!! 

Here's how to do it.

Let's name the components.

Switch 1 at the bedroom door (S1), Switch 2 at my side of the bed (S2), Switch 3 at my wifes side of the bed (S3), Light (L1)

Now for the wiring. Simply use the existing power supply at each switch to power up the sonoff switch's, but only connect the light to the master switch (in this case I used S1.

So S1 is controlling the light at the moment, S2 and S3 are doing nothing.

Now for some scenes.

Turn S1 on - light turns on via wire - scene activates - turn on S2 and S3

Turn S1 off - light turns off via wire - scene activates - turn off S2 and S3

Turn S2 on - scene activates - turn on S1 and S3 - light turns on via S1 wire

Turn S2 off - scene activates - turn off S1 and S3 - light turns off via S1 wire

Turn S3 on - scene activates - turn on S1 and S3 - light turns on via S1 wire

Turn S3 off - scene activates - turn off S1 and S3 - light turns off via S1 wire

works like a charm!!!! 

Maybe someone has come up with this before, but I have not been able to find it anywhere on forums, blogs, or youtube. 

Enjoy

Tony

Login or Signup to post a comment