Start a new topic

App thinks only 5ghz available

Hi all, Had my 4 channel and th10 switches working last week before upgrading my WiFi to a TP-link Deco mesh system. After quite some time, over night, the 4 channel logged itself on and is now working however the th10 is refusing to connect. Everytime I tap the + sign to add a new device and select my wifi I am presented with "Currently, 5Ghz network is not supported". After checking the deco WiFi units provide both 5 and 2.4 GHz but there is no means of switching the 5ghz off. I'm assuming the problem is in the app not the device, any thoughts folks, don't really want to reinstall as getting the 4 channel working was a right pain. Thanks

Make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4 GHz radio when you are adding the device so that the device will be sent the MAC address of the 2.4 wifi.

Thanks for your reply. Don't see how I could do that, there's certainly nothing in WiFi settings to allow connection to 2.4 or 5 only. I have tried installing the app onto an old Sammy tablet that I'm pretty sure is 2.4 only but that made no difference at all, still get the same response when selecting the network.

Hmmmm,  If you have not already done it, completely delete the th-10 from your ewelink account and start over fresh with it.

1 person likes this
Yep tried that a few times as well
Just to be sure I installed a WiFi signal style app and there is a perfectly good 2.4 network in the house just can't get the bloody app to see it

I think I found a solution for you, I had the same issue using a Samsung S8+ connected to my home wifi. I downloaded an app from the App Store called "WIFI Manager"by Kostya Vasilyev. Open the app an look for your wifi network and connect to your network and select the lower channel number. The 5g works on the higher channels (mine was on 48). Once you connect to lower number (mine was Channel 4) network you can connect your devices.

Login or Signup to post a comment