Start a new topic

Alexa & Sonoff

Hello All, Im a new sonoff customer thats been facing all the issues like you. This morning I woke to find everything working via the ewelink apk however nothing is working on amazon alexa for voice control. Has this also been temporary switched of until the server migration / update is complete? What I also don't understand is why its taking so much time to fix, if you have managed servers your hosting company should be able to upgrade the server in little under 2 days maximum. Regards, MOA.

4 people have this problem

I’m having the same problem. Just installed my first one today to see how it would work, and everything went great at first, so I ordered six more. I noticed within an hour my Alexa was having problems talking to the Sonoff smart switch. I’d tell it to turn on the light, the light would turn on while Alexa was still “thinking”, and then Alexa would say it was having problems connecting, despite the fact that it completed my command. Every time I’d use the Alexa app, it would say it was having connection problems. If I tapped the power button for the switch, it would say it was connecting to (Chinese alphabet characters) and then connect and allow me to operate the switch. Since then, my Sonoff has lost connection multiple times. Alexa has told me that the server or power supply is having problems. The Sonoff itself would blink green. If I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it would work for 10 minutes and have problems again. Sometimes, it would seem to resync on its own. I read that the EU is having problems, and they’re working on it. But I’m in the US. So I’m not sure if this is the same issue or not.

2 people like this
Same here, Alexa says that the devices are not responding... :/

I have the same issue where Alexa responds with "<devicename> is not responding"

I have the same problem here too. I'm in the uk
Yeah the servers are playing up yet again

Has there been any solution to this issue? The sonoff switch that is on 1.5 works. The newer one of 1.6 is not working correctly with Alexa. At first, it would not discover it. When it finally did it reported issues. Both work in the Ewelink app. I created an IFTTT command to control them as a workaround. Was getting ready to install a bunch of these in my mother's house this coming weekend. But if  they dont work with alexa I will hae to pass. 

Amazon Echo e’ appena uscito in Italia: scopri la mia guida per utilizzarlo con i dispositivi Sonoff tramite l’app eWeLink e controllare i tuoi dispositivi con la voce comodamente seduto nel divano grazie ad Amazon Alexa !

Sonoff Amazon Alexa Amazon Echo: recensione e guida in italiano

Unable to activate devices using Alexa intermittently some times or not at all at others . These are working ok from the ewelink app through

1 person likes this
Same here, alexa app won't operate devices. Was all working ok previously. eWeLink app operates ok though.
After firmwhare upgrade switch is working through ewelink app, but is unavailable from the Alexa app.
Login or Signup to post a comment