Start a new topic

Link to Google Home not working

I added a new switch to my eWeLink app and went to Google home to relink so that the switch was visible.  The link appeared to work and the devices, including the new switch appeared in the list, however, when I attempt to turn the switch on or off from Google Home, I get a response "Sorry there was an error and I am unable to control your home device"

9 people have this problem

I am not on google home but I can confirm nothing is working on Amazon Alexa. I have raised a ticket regarding my voice assistants as soon as I get a response, I will let you know.

1 person likes this
I have the same issue. When I disconnected and reconnect I can control it through Google Home, but only for a short period. I get the message "Sorry there was an error and I am unable to control your home device" after a few minutes and then I have to reconnect all over again. It's really annoying.
Same problem here today, Google home speaker reports: "Sorry there was an error and I am unable to control your home device"

I also tried to unlink and tried to relink, but then the website times out when I try to sign in from there. With the ewelink app everything still works but no access from google home.

i am having the same issue. i can control through ewelink app, nut not google home. trying to relink and getting "nerwork abnormal"
Server is down
Same issue for me. I cannot re-link to my google home.

It can be down but it should show a page telling that to avoid us retry again and again

I am in France. Where are you from Graeme ? the server may not be the same ?

Same here in UK, Abnormal network error when I try to pair with Google Home

I am in the UK.  My system was not working last night but this morning it is working again.  When I tried to turn lights on or off using Google Home, I got "I am unable to control your device".  I was able to switch the lights from the eWelink app though.  Over the weekend control from Google was mainly not working in the evenings but seemed to be ok in the mornings.  

I think all of Europe is using the same servers.   These servers should have been upgraded by now from what we were told (due mid-January), so, unless that upgrade has been delayed, these issues must be from the new servers. 

Yes same for me, I’m in the UK, I managed to pair my Sonoff devices again this morning, after spending hours trying to link my devices with Google Home at the Weekend. I have raised a ticket, it’s not good enough. These are good (if cheap) devices when they work but the company will suffer if they don’t rectify the the problem. I won’t be buying anymore until I know they are reliable.

Yes. For me fortunately it works perfectly locally (control by ewelink with the phone connected by wifi network) but it almost never work if on the phone I close wifi and switch my data connection to 4G).

I know it is not an issue with the wifi router since I have seen it working once a few days ago.

Do you have the same symptom ?

It finally works now with google home. I tried many times. I had to completely reset my google account, register again google home and then it worked/ google home accepted the new switches.  Dont know if it works from outside my wifi network but it works now  with google home voice commands.

What do you mean by completely reset your Google account? I'm not able to get the smart we link to register with Google home control. Put in my login info click login and it just blink and come back to the same login page. It is very frustrating.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment