Start a new topic

S20 LED brightness

Have been switching over my sockets and switches to Sonoff (previously using Energenie). However, one thing I found aggravating is the unnecessarily bright LED status indicator. In a night-time bedroom environment it illuminates the room with a radioactive glow you could almost read by.

Is there any way devs can implement a firmware fix for it? A toggle in the app to deactivate it would be good.

A couple of strips of electrical tape has dimmed it but it's not ideal.

2 people like this idea

I agree, I've just fitted one of these to assist my wife with mobility issues but she couldn't sleep with the brightness of the LED shining out across the room.

I've taped a flap of card across the push button to block the light. As Mark I says - not ideal.

If there's one thing worse than a bright LED in the bedroom.... A bright flashing LED when the server goes down (even if the LED is shaded!) The reduced light really does need to be done.

Has anyone found a solution to this?   I can't invest in this sytem if the light switch is illuminating the bedroom at night!

I desperately need a solution to this, Im installing T1 switches and sonof basics all over my house and the bedroom looks like a disco at night! driving me MAD.

a simple toggle to turn off the devices status LED in the app would make the WORLD of difference! Pretty please Sonoff...

I used my S26's for the first time last night. I agree, "so much blue". Arduino can easily adjust the brightness of an led on a pwm pin. I haven't checked the schematics but hopefully they could even create a brightness slider for the blue led.

I don't own one of these but reading the comments makes me wonder if one could disassemble the unit and disable, shade, or block the LED at the board level.

Login or Signup to post a comment