Start a new topic

Firmware version 1.6.0 ???

My Sonoff basic switches updated firmware to 1.6.0 yesterday.  I have looked everywhere I can think to but didn't find a changelog anywhere.  What is new or fixed in this firmware?  Is there a list or notice somewhere?

8 people have this question

Micheal, try doing the update while you are about 15 feet away from the SONOF itself. I was having trouble doing updates while sitting near the switch, but when I tried from an other room it worked right away. I’ve done 4 switches that way now and it worked every time. Good luck.
Hi Marcel, I tried doing what you suggested but I still get the same results upgrade failed but thanks for your suggestion. It appears to me and this is only as observation that the actual SONOFF POW times out before the upgrade is completed but I've no way of checking this. Thanks again for your help.
Hi, I was looking around on the Google play store and found a App called (plug and play). I thought I would try it to see if this could upgrade my SONOFF POW, unfortunately NO it couldn't. But running the App it seems exactly the same as the eWeLink App except it has a version number of 3.2.2 and a update of 6th March 2018 (eWeLink App version number 3.2.1 and a update of 26th January 2018) SO what's the point of this, is this just for development or a beta version, it would be nice if it had more options. and could upgrade my SONOFF POW

1 person likes this
Hooray. My SONOFF POW has finally upgraded to the latest version I don't know why, I have not move the POW or done anything different but it just decided to accept the upgrade today. Oh well who am I to complain thanks for all the people that tried to help.

After the upgrade to 1.6.0, the plug does not start up. Its dead now

Now, the status says 1.5.5 is the latest version, again. But the server is obviously offline for upgrade, again...

Hey Ottawa, it's a national holiday in China from April 5 to April 8, if the server went down there is probably no one there to reboot it until April 8th.

Login or Signup to post a comment