Start a new topic

Sonoff Bridge 433Mhz use cases

Just wondered what everyone here has managed to achieve with the Sonoff Bridge? Any use cases that I may have missed? Garage door? Air-conditioning?

1 person has this question

same question; so far, none of my 433Mhz devices are learned by the bridge... :-(

... except of course the ones delivered by Sonoff (4 button switch, PIR alarm and door alarm)... So I wonder what else can be done with the bridge ...

Pretty basic stuff so far. I have door sensors (Front and back door) that turn on lights when the door is opened. It also tells me when someone opens either door. 

Going to try and rig the doors so it tells me if I've forgotten to lock the back door when I go out the front - future plans.

What would be great was if they had a time on lighting when doors were opened. I'm testing a system now for work (albeit, far more expensive than Sonoff) and the rules are awesome. For example : When front door *opens* between *18.00 - 06.00* then *turn on* light for 30 seconds *after* front door closes. When back door *opens* before sunset *then* start camera 1 recording for 30 minutes *and* send push notification to Huawei phone / email to ***
Not even a few simple 433 switches, who in first instance did pair, but after a fw update of the bridge totally refuse to do anything.

@Grant - all of that (and more) can be done using IFTTT. I've only downloaded the app so far but looks pretty good so far. I'm also going to add a sensor to a parcel box I have by the front door so I know exactly when deliveries are made. Might also hook this up to a camera and PIR sensor to record the action.

Hi Chris - I've got IFTTT - but I can''t seem to do anything 'real' on there ? 

Can I add - for example - that the door sensor only works at certain specified times?

Or a time limit for a light to be kept on ? 

Check the attached photo for a snapshot of rules in another system I have on loan

rule.jpg
(69 KB)
Login or Signup to post a comment