Start a new topic

"Countdown" timer feature - pushbutton (or from turning on)

Hello everyone,

COUNTDOWN TIMER FROM MOMENT OF STATE CHANGE 

as i seen now the way to create any countdown timer has no regard to the current state of the sonoff. when a timer is created (of any kind) it creates a TIME-STAMP to change the state of the switch.

is it possible to create a timer lets say to turn off an appliance 20 minutes FROM THE MOMENT it was turned on? (its good even if this effects only turning on via push-button)

with the current situation  if i create a loop timer or any other it may turn off the device after 2 minutes as the timer is not counting from the state change.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

2 people like this idea

Hello, 

I do indeed support this idea.

What I would like to see is that for example with the Sonoff touch, you can program it via the app so that when you switch on a light, a count down timer starts and after for example 2 min the light turns off.

This would be useful in a restroom for example.

By allowing you to program it once via the app, you eliminate the need to setup the timer each time you want to use the switch.

This is exactly what I was hoping to do with these devices.  For my heating I just want to turn on for 1 hour - so that the sonoff automatically turns off after 60 minutes.  

Struggling with this too

Yes I'd love this too. So the app "stores" the coundown timer so you can re-use it rather than re-adding it every time.
Login or Signup to post a comment