Start a new topic

IFTTT integration

What a pleasant surprise to find that Google Home integration is now working with Sonoff devices. After linking eWeLink with Google Home, I can now perform these functions:

- turn on/off lights, coffee, tv/stereo, etc just by simple voice commands

- with Google Home's room function, I can say turn off Kitchen and the whole kitchen shuts down - lights, coffee, and other cookers obey in one command.

So the next step in home automation will be integration with IFTTT. With this, a whole new range of wondrous capabilities can happen:

- turn on/off lights, tv/stereo, heater/AC, etc. automatically when you go/leave home

- log device activities in Google spreadsheets for later analysis

- turn on heaters at home or in green room, etc. when weather reports say it's getting cold

- many-many more

Please Itead make this happen and your devices will be in greater use and demand.

45 people like this idea

Be nice fr the B1 to change colour when an IFTTT trigger occurs.

I haven’t heard or read anything about the B1 bulb being added. The main B1 page (at least used to) says it is IFTTT capable, although the separate IFTTT lists don’t include it. Current IFTTT integration is extremely basic, with just on/off, even for triple sockets that don’t exist, meanwhile single switches appear in both socket and switch etc. I think we may be waiting a while for something as complicated as a bulb with different colours/warmth and brightness & most other bulbs aren’t on IFTTT anyway. I suspect IFTTT need to add an easy to use bulb API.

2 people like this

Just a random thought following on from the RF bridge discussion. Sonoff make an RF capable version of their basic switch (Sonoff RF if I recall) which is a standard single channel Sonoff with an additional RF control. Could the Bridge be used to activate the Sonoff RF via which in turn could send out IFTTT commands (as it is a standard Sonoff switch)? This may be a workaround in relation to solution to Tony's solution? Sorry, don't have the components to test the idea.

Hey Brian, I ordered a switch a few weeks ago, I'll check your solution when I get it. It's plausible.

Is there a way how to tiger status change on sonoff plug/switch?
E.g. not to turn on/off but only change current status (from ON to OFF / from OFF to ON).

I want to simply control by Bluetooth button (flic) 1 channel sonoff switch to turn on or off by one click on the button.

Not aware of any way to do that Roman, at moment only on and off is supported, not toggle (although it would be a useful feature)

I’ve seen a toggle option, with other makes of switch. You can do this manually by connecting IFTTT to apilio, which can store the current status and reverse it. Doesn’t answer how you can connect Bluetooth to IFTTT though. My experience is that it is annoying because you need an old phone on all the time.
OK, thanks Brian and EB for reaction. I will be hoping for toggle function implementation in future.

Got my switch earlier this week, just set it up with scenes and IFTTT - no luck. The IFTTT will turn the switch on and off, but the Ewelink scenes aren't triggered by the switch being turned on or off by IFTTTT.

Fail.

I think the lack of linkage between IFTTT and scenes is the potential for endless loops. eg. Ifttt turns on switch A. Scene activated and switch B turned on. This activates IFTTT and we start again. If you connect IFTTT to either Apilio or Stringify you can activate multiple things and recreate the scene. I prefer Apilio, but it is less intuitive.

You an also just use multiple IFTTT rules on a single event/device in place of scenes.

EB - Makes sense - but trying to get a work around with the RF Bridge - which does not work with IFTTT. Hence the need to use Ewelink scenes. Overall, an inexpensive experiment but would not be recommending the RF Bridge to anyone that wants it to be any use at all.

Login or Signup to post a comment