at the moment i can print text to the screen with
in this command i must know the size of the text (width and height) so i can give the right values for the box.
Is there, now or in the future, some simple text command like:
- you know the length of the string, strlen command
- you know your font, the character width and the character height
- what's more easy than calculate the dimensions ....
- xstr 0,0,stringlength*fontwidth+border, .........
the reason for all the options in xstr is to handle the possibilities
Such str command would have evolved between v0.09 to v0.47
Your simplified str x,y,color,text
- doesn't state or handle left aligned, centered, right aligned (for number values)
- doesn't state or handle which font of the 22 fonts contained in project to use
- doesn't state or handle top aligned, centered, bottom aligned (for multiline)
- doesn't state or handle styles - image, cropped, solid colors or none
- doesn't state height or width of text being generated (to crop at limit else overflows)
It is exactly because of these possibilities the other parameters exist
When such a str command could be made
- it is under two weeks another says it doesn't handle alignments
- and another says it doesn't handle backgrounds
- and another says it doesn't handle multilined
- and another states it doesn't handle ....
So in only a few weeks such str will be an xstr.once again.
What you suggest for a single user's purpose can be done in code.
- when you know parameter 2 is desired to be ### - store in variable
- when you know parameter 3 is desired to be ### - store in variable
with such stored parameters can be filled by variables