Start a new topic

Nextion 4.3 & ESP8266 for control home heating

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to introduce myself in the forum, this being my first post. Greetings to all.

I want to present you my first installation with Nextion screen. A few days ago I bought an enhanced 4.3 "screen to control the heating in my home. A year ago I used a RasberryPi with a web interface for control from my smartphone, in addition to a console with LCD 16x4 with an ESP8266 Lolin), which is hanging in my living room, now replaced by Nextion, which connects the RaspberryPi via Wi-Fi via another ESP8266 programmed with the Arduino IDE, but this time it's an ESP-01 :-) As seen in the video, I use a small 3.3 volt controller for the ESP-01, and using the USB connector that comes with the screen, power the Nextion and the ESP8266. In the video I use an old PDA pen, as it is difficult to hold the smartphone and use the screen at the same time. You can use your finger perfectly.

At you can see a video of how it works. You will see that the text is in Catalan, which is the language we use in my region. Tomorrow or last I'll put a box that I'm making using a 3D printer.

Currently from the screen I can control the heating system (2 independent circuits), see the temperatures in each of the floors of my home and the garage. I can see the weather in my area (temperature, temperature trend, reel feel, humidity, pressure, speed and wind direction ...). I also have the forecast for the next three days. Another screen informs me of the average, maximum and minimum temperatures. I will soon replace it with a graph.

Other screens are calendar with the times of sunrise and sunset, moon state, pollen levels of my zone (I am asthmatic). The configuration page can change the speeds of the serial port, times of screensavers and levels of luminosity, automatic change between screens, etc.

I have some more ideas but in the next few days I will try to improve it.

I await your opinions.

Regards,

Hello again,

I include the URL of the video here, as it appears that I have not inserted it correctly: 

https://youtu.be/w7-tHwmMwDc

Regards,

Jose A

Not everyone can get YouTube

Please upload mp4 format, in smaller size.

Well,

The project is already in the box, working in my home. Finally I reduced circuitry by powering the ESP-01 with ESP8266 from the display itself, which has 3.3v. The ESP-01 has been left inside the box, where I connect it to a flat cable IDC connector, so I can remove the ESP-01 to program it if necessary.

The box is made with a 3D printer thanks to the model of Wotever that you can download from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1527472 without modifications. Thanks friend!

Upload a photo in case someone is interested.

Regards,

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment