Start a new topic

SD Card INIT ERRER pleas Check Your SD CARD is FAT32?

Each time I try to upload to the nextion display with the sd card I received this error. I have tried formatting the card a number of times And also tried using a second card Any ideas would be appreciated

Perhaps, look for an SD card that is an HC type Class 10 microSD.
The newer high speed enhanced microSDs for cameras and newer consumer electronics are not suitable for embedded electronics.

Also, a good Prolific USB to TTL adapter will allow you to upload your project to the Nextion via Serial.

Keep in mind, even the professional SD-Card industry couldn't establish a real consistent SD standard over the years. Exactly the fuzzi SD specifications opens the door for many proprietary ways on manufacturer side. And SD card contains not only Flash Memory, but also its own independent controler. SImply speaking, you can access every SD card via SPI interface ... but as soon as you like to access and use a bit more, you must pay licence fees.

As a result, SD-manufacturers, which pay for their SD OEM licence normally neither publish what they do nor tell any internas about ...

The initial SD cards compliant with revision 1.1 of the SD spec were limited to 2 GB, which is why SDHC (SD 2.0) was introduced to enable capacities of up to 32 GB. In addition to capacity, the SD 2.0 specification also provides performance classification to guarantee certain minimum throughput. There are four classes in the spec: Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, and Class 10. The number tells you the minimum transfer speeds in MB/s that can be sustained by the memory card.

The SD 3.0 (also known as SDXC) specification provides a ceiling of up to 2 TB. Although there are only a few SD memory cards with up 64 GB of capacity available, the SDXC standard also includes the modified UHS-I specification (Ultra HighSpeed I), supporting up to 104 MB/s. This is the successor to the High-Speed Bus I/F (Class 10) and Normal Bus I/F (Class 2, 4, 6), and it is the basis for products that can deliver more serious bandwidth.

In addition to conventional SD cards, you'll also find miniSD and microSD cards on the market. Those are well-suited to mobile devices like smartphones. They max out at 32 GB and they are electrically compatible with conventional SD cards, meaning that simple adapters allow you to access them.

-SD
-SDHC
-SDXC
-miniSD
-microSD
-miniSDHC
-microSDHC
-microSDXC
-smartSD
-smartSDHC
-SDIO
-miniSDIO

many standards outside, many proprietary additions, and even different functions under the same name makes live of endusers not really more easy. Sorry, but that's not a real and only Nextion issue.

Kingston 10x SDHC works normally reliable ... but that's something you must finally try out by yourself.

Have a look to attached overview. It shows a benchmark between different SD-card models from variouse suppliers. Already the speed difference from 79MB/s to 17MB/s is a difference of nearly 80%. And in worst case even such a "little" difference can already result in timing errors while access from a given hardware.

Sorry, but there is really not a lot which I can suggest, besides try a reliable manufacturer and not the most modern and most speedy and most large SD card ...

1 person likes this
Thanks Gerry, I had a look at the cards I was trying one was verbatim 16gb and the other is Sandisk 8gb both cards are class 10, sdhc micro sd cards. Perhaps it might be a faulty nextion unit?

the chance that it is a faulty Nextion unit is most unlikely ...

- with what did you format your SD card. FAT32 is not FAT 32 ...

- formatting for Fat32 under Linux is NOT the same than format for FAT32 under Windows OS ...

- try to format your SD card under standard Windows for FAT32

- make sure, that there is only one file (your tft) on the card

Amigos solucionando el problema de la memoria SD 

Paso 1

imagen

Paso 2

imagen

paso 3

Saludos

In Engish please

Patrick

format  sd memory  in fat 32 and cluster 2048 bytes

regards...

Thanks for in English

The key here is Windows formatted FAT32 and size < 32 GB

- cluster size does not need to be 2048

- class 10 HC certainly has less issues than others  (from my experience)

Mine are indeed formatted with 32K cluster size.

Again clarification FAT32 is not FAT 32

ok

regards

Login or Signup to post a comment