I need an LED ( or similar ) indicator to indicate a alarm , where or how do you make/get one ? I tried the radio button but I just need a simple indicator of status.
Windows Paint or favourite Graphics program
Load as picture resource of equal size into Editor
One picture when not alarm state
One picture for when alarm state
Change Picture Component based on state required
But one question to ask is
is a small LED a real indicator of an alarming situation?
I might think background flashing RED and NOT
might have more attention given to an Alarm state
so change the background to flashing between 2 colors ? how do you change pix by state ? I assume this uses the crop feature ? new to this so sorry for the stupid ?'s
As a simple indicator of status
- a radio button does provide visual simply.
- simply toggle color values of the checkbox
- the Nextion Instruction set also has a filled circle command
How much time you want to spend in graphics work
will always apparent in the final appearance.
Lets say off is pic 4 in Pictures pane
Lets say on is pic 5 in Pictures pane
Set Picture Component p0.pic to value 4 - default off
When alarm state arises .. send p0.pic=5ÿÿÿ
Cropping is to toggle only a segment under component
from what is in that region of one picture
to what is in that region of another picture
.bco attribute is background color option
if in off state, maybe .bco is color 65535 white
if in alarm state, set .bco color to 32768 red
toggle between the two
different times to hold between give different effect
- 250ms then toggle, 250ms and toggle
- 2000ms then toggle, 2000ms and toggle
- 350ms for off then 1650ms for alarm also different
How is up to you
When new to this
Help Menuitem of Help Menu in Editor launches Nextion HMI Solutions page
Spend good time in
- Nextion Editor Quick Start Guide
- Nextion Instruction Set
Start to see what is possible with what commands and combinations
Then spend some time in
- Nextion user manual and see some examples
- check code in the Iteadlib Arduino Nextion Library
- Try out some of the components in examples folder.
- Nextion Gallery in forum to see what others have been able to do
- read some threads (SearchBar on every forum page helps)
Once you have an idea of what you want to accomplish and how you might go about it
then don't be afraid to try pieces in smaller programs to get the hang of it.
Bring your coding A game. Adopt what works, discard what doesn't.
In the Free Chat section of the forum Debate, Challenge, and Learn
(check thread is at least somewhat recent and read before posting)
(check that thread isn't already covered many many times - SearchBar)
Showcase your master piece in the Nextion Gallery.
- either in a related thread, or new thread if not covered already
For Feature Requests
- always look for existing request and upvote it
two competing threads for same feature have less chance dividing votes.
Help out others by answering questions you might know.
Contribute as you can and have fun coding
Nextion is an awesome capable device.
Attached blue, green, amber, and red 16x16 led
for on a background #404040 or .bco=16904
THANKS BIG help !! Patrick