Start a new topic

White spots on LCD

Hi, I have a couple of nx4024t032 (https://www.itead.cc/display/nextion-nx4024t032.html). 

I have noticed that the LCD is showing white spots/blemishes in various areas. The screen has been ON for a long time. This does not look like burned in screen as when the images are changed, the colours change, but white spots stay in the same locations.

Can you provide information about the specification/datasheet about the LCDs used in the nx4024t032 units? What's their life time? Model number?

IMAG0047.jpg
(1.36 MB)
IMAG0048.jpg
(1.16 MB)

as already mentioned ...

Nextion hardware and software is closed source ...

all information for public is already published, either on forum or at wiki ...

Sorry, I will ask differently. What could be causing the LCD to have white spots/blemishes throughout its use?

there can be many reasons for ... but this all will be speculation without a real hardware analysis

- maybe you already bought a B product, which didn't pass official factory QA but still came to market ...

- maybe the seller sold refurbished as new ...

- maybe the seller sold a warranty return again ...

- maybe you had a power supply issue somewhere in the past which damaged the LCD driver chip ...

- maybe a humid issue ...

- maybe a condensation water issue ...

but as told, this all is speculation ... in fact Nextion displays are already available since a few years. If this issue would be a general one based on a production error, there would have been much more complains about such or similar ...

-

What kind of cleaner was used to clean its surface?

Pictures show there are definitely areas not cleaned.

another thing which come into mind ...

- use of super glue, based on cyanoacrylate, somewhere next to the displays surface ...
    - use of acetone or similar  somewhere next to the displays surface ...
    - use of glue in any case based on non water solvent next to the displays surface ...

even the evaporation of such can blind transparent acrylic surfaces after some time ...

Thank you for your responses.

I am not aware if the LCD was being cleaned.

I know that the LCD got to this gradually, we had this display ON for long time, somethings weeks at a time. Initially the visuals were perfect, bright and colorful.

I will inquire about the additional ideas suggested by Gerry.

Thank you

with a USB Microscope it should be possible to detect if the white blind areas are a

- real pixel error of the underlaying LED panel

- physical damage of the glas LCD top surface

- physical damage of the acrylic touch bottom side

- physical damage of the acrylic touch top side

Login or Signup to post a comment