Start a new topic

220V Question again

For someone who directs me to seek a professional, thats not a very intelligent answer. I am asking about the wiring if the switch. So, I hand this switch to a professional without any instructions? Thats really absurd. Its a simple question about the switch. Not about your opinion on who does the work, its simply the wiring configuration of the switch. "In my area, a 220 V service utilizes two hot wires and a green ground. I asked the company, and they could not give me a straight answer. So I'm trying to throw it out there on the forum to see if any real world people can answer my question. To connect the switch, do I just put the 2 load lines, 1 power into the load and and 1 power into the neutral on the switch then ground it? 1 Comment Patrick Martin said about 4 hours ago Please have a professional electrician conduct the task for you. To ask such a question demonstrates lack of prerequisite knowledge. High voltage can cause damage to property, bodily harm and/or death. Such risk is unnecessary. No reasonable person wants responsibility for harm to befall another. So please, secure the services of a professional."

that's not absurd ...

that's what we call the difference between a "professional" and an "amateur" ...

a "professional" knows what to do, because he learned "professionally" to deal with ...

amateurs also use their tongue to see if a battery still has enough voltage ...

professionals use just a multimeter ...

If you don't know how to deal with 220V ... just don't do it ... point

everybody without the right knowledge how to deal correctly and save with 110/220V should really stay away from such ...

110/220V is nothing to play with ... in worst case you damage your health, you damage the health of others ...

Every half baken knowledge about is dangerous ...