Start a new topic

Compatibility of Nextion 2.8 Display with raspberry pi zero w

Hello All,

Can anyone please help me know that whether the Nextion Enhanced NX3224K028 - Generic 2.8'' HMI Touch Display is compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero W.  

I have read a few articles regarding interfacing Nexton with Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduino, however I am not sure about Pi Zero w.

Thanks

1 Comment

Since UART communication is pretty common the only notable things you should check are:

• Speed : Nextion supports from 2400 to 115200 bauds (which is absolutely ok with the rpi).
  • Voltage : Nextion's UART uses 3.3V logic levels and they are 5V tolerant (RPi uses 3.3V logic levels too).

They are both fine and happy to communicate, however according to the above documentation you should disable Linux console output on the mini UART to access it. 
I'll leave a link on how to do it at the end of the post.

// Quote
The SoCs used on the Raspberry Pis have two built-in UARTs, [...] By default, on Raspberry Pis equipped with the wireless/Bluetooth module (Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W), the PL011 UART is connected to the BT module, while the mini UART is used for Linux console output. On all other models the PL011 is used for the Linux console output.
// End quote

External link: "THE RASPBERRY PI UARTS"

I hope I have been helpful.
Davide

Login or Signup to post a comment