Start a new topic

Android App Keeps Crashing In Background

Android app on android N Samsung S7 Edge keeps crashing. Can't control my three devices. Only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall. Then it works for a few hours till it crashes again. Restarting phone doesn't help and android keeps popping up with a "the app has crashed" and "this app is slowing down your device" messages. Android now says ewelink has caused 1200 errors in the last 7 days. Tried clearing storage, and force stop, even restarting, but all I get is a white screen. Have sent message via Feedback. For the moment I'm signing out after each use, then back in to use the app. Seems to be a problem in the app when it runs in background.

3 people have this problem

Almost identical symptoms ,  daily ewelink crash ( inside and away from  the Wifi that hosts the devices) , i have to  reinstall  daily  to  preserve  visibility and control of  the 10  or  so  sonoff devices .I do this   coz the POW  devices are  amazing at  finding  electricity pirates...
Luckily  ITEAD keep the list  but neverthe less  its not supposed to be this   way  Im sure? I   send   feedback  with  is offered at  crach  time  , then i close app ( another  choice) Ad

I have the same problem. My device is a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android Nougat (v7). It seems that this issues starts when I upgraded to android v7 (but I'm not sure...)
Please solve this issue !!!
Best regards,
Bruno

2 people like this
FYI, here is a Log that I saved just after the crash...

04-12 09:22:20.904  9728  9728 E EwelinkHost: is not testhost  

04-12 09:22:20.927  9728  9776 E ws:1    : conneting to  socket: wss://35.157.208.224:8080/api/ws

04-12 09:22:20.927  9728  9728 E DbHelper: ###############use db:user is null:false username is:b****@e-p****.com

04-12 09:22:20.927  9728  9776 E ws:1    : at:true

04-12 09:22:20.928  9728  9728 E DbHelper: ###############use db:user is null:false username is:b****@e-p****.com

04-12 09:22:21.085  9728  9779 E WebSocketChatClient_ws:1: isClose:false mTime:4201259 _readWrapper:4201256

---- 12 avr. 2017 09:22:21 ----

Evilink chrash i my  Samsung S7 (v7) .  Have to reinstal and it walks for about 1 day . :o( Wath to do ?

Hi all. I can confirm this is being worked on to fix issues with Android N, V7 and up. New version to fix our problem is currently under test. I'm not sure when it will be released but shouldn't be too long. Thanks to the developers for their prompt work.

1 person likes this
Extra ! Good news ! I hope that this new version will be up soon !

I have the same problem which is super annoying. Hope they will get the problem fixed whit the new version.
Got the new software update today but the crashing app problem still remains on my nexus 6p android version 7.1.2.
Me too. Have reported it to the developers. Android says I have 900 crashes in the last 1 day..
Me too. Have reported it to the developers. Android says I have 900 crashes in the last 1 day..

New version of eWeLink (2.3.4) installed this morning... Launched about 10 times : for the moment, no problem with my Galaxy S6 with Android Nougat (v7)... I'll post here if app crashes again...

Definitely still crashing for me on the new version. Android says FIX NOW, but even if you don't press it the app still crashes and is just a white screen again. Takes about 24 hours to fail. I did report this issue to them about the newer version but it seems they released it anyway.

Evilink chrash i my  Samsung S7 (v7) also with the new version of eWeLink (2.3.4) installed 
Has gradually reinstalled app + 20 times  :o(

Get it now kindly fixed

I confirm : same problem after about 24 hours... !!!

Login or Signup to post a comment