Start a new topic
Not Taken

+image for progress bar and slider

My wishlist (if possible):

+1 picture for progress bar at value (like a PSTA in slider)

+1 picture for slider (like a BPIC in progress bar function)

I created a simple example (pic).

Best regards

Janos

bmp

This can be done in code with a little thinking and tinkering

maybe a look to our Gallery helped a lot before asking ... :-)

- Slick Sliders
    - Tricky Sliders

The goal of such Contributions is not that nobody read them ... your request posting is not that motivating to post more slick things ... or?

Thank you for your help. The code is secret?

I read the Gallery/trick pages, but could not find a solution.

Sorry to bother you, I'm a novice user.

Best regards.

for exmple the Curved Slider Demo ... what do you think do I use for the curve and the cursor? Yes, graphics ...

and how the graphics looks like, that's up to you ...

and how the underlaying code acts, that's up to you ...

code is partially used for commercial projects, so it is a legal issue to show or not to show ... not every project out is open source ...

but it shows, that it already CAN be done ... so, no new feature to implement ... right? Just code it ...

O.k. We use "lot of pre-rendered images"...but this is not HMI, just a "picture player"
example: 8pcs slider, width of slider=80=> 8*80=640 pictures.
Yesssssss...This is "correct" solution. (not innovative proposal of the 2 background+1 cursor pics)

My next problem is:
I don't know, what the "vertical/horizontal inc/dec spacing" buttons ? These is random generators?
(see on pictures: elotte==original, before; utana==after)
How do I make a mistake?

I using the 7" basic and enhanced displays (+2.8" and 3.2" basic type) and the 7" displays don't sensing the touch, if I touching "softly / slowly". The 2.8" and 3.2" display is working fine.

Thank you for your helping!
Best regards
Janos

utana.jpg
(54.3 KB)
elotte.jpg
(21.9 KB)

O.k. We use "lot of pre-rendered images"...but this is not HMI, just a "picture player"

example: 8pcs slider, width of slider=80=> 8*80=640 pictures.

Yesssssss...This is "correct" solution. (not innovative proposal of the 2 background+1 cursor pics)

Sorry, there must be a few things wrong with your assumptions. Mine was certainly not done with 640 pictures, but even with a 640 picture approach, surely common sense would look for a count reduction and reusability.

Nextion is HMI, it would indeed be a shame if it were to be reduced to a picture player
(Though I do know of a 7" Nextion being used as a Digital Picture Frame)
Indeed some other products, without naming names, use the multi-picture approach (1 for each stop),
and the Nextion can also use this approach, but a little gui code can go a long way.

Correct solution? Perhaps defined as: users desired effect is rendered.
It could indeed be correct if it does as user wanted.

The code for the above uses only a few of the GUI commands found in the Nextion
Instruction Set, 1 Progress Component, 1 Slider Component, 3 Pictures.
These Instruction Set GUI commands are not a secret, but very public

Next, I can't imagine random generators, but perhaps a more advanced elliptical logarithm.  I have to imagine that when dealing with items vertically it may perform better than on horizontal items. Should Vertical spacing not have an undefined effect horizontally? At least arrange something vertical to aid it.  Align the top or bottoms before spacing horizontally, or left or right before spacing vertically.  Select Items that are nearly vertical for spacing.  But what should be the result when items are arranged as a scatter plot?  Some were evaluated as the same as first and hence brought to first line - the vertical spacing between each is as close to even between each tier.

7" touch not working in a softly/slowly - it is resistive touch
Some pressure is indeed needed, too little may not register.
Refer to the Nextion Instruction Set ... touch_j to recalibrate

Login or Signup to post a comment