Start a new topic

Arduino --> Nextion serial and dim = 0

I have expanded a Nextion 5 ", which is on an Arduino Mega 2560 Operated. Without the Nextion Lib, I do not like Lib's. The Nextion receives its data from the Arduino serially. Everything works. But if I have the display lighting via a buttom to "dim = 0" Then no data is received or processed. What parameter do I need to put the where for the Nextion to continue data Received and processed when the lighting is off?

Greeting and thanks

Andreas

Hello,
Andreas says thank you
greeting
Andreas

Yeah but hey ... its a nice project and showcase what effort can yield

Over 100 hours on WIoT-2 but that includes prior effort using a non-Nextion TFT and a RA8875 controller.

=)  Then that Dave is a righteous confirmation ... LOL

I ponder if you should mention how much work you put into your project

or if such would be too frightening for onlookers

To clarify, my NodeMCU sends the time every minute over serial.

Sleep is where less processing occurs over serial.

Turning the screen low does not have sleep effects

Turning the screen low has similar effects as changing colors

PS: Technically, a date-time could only be a confirmation if such date-time is from MCU and sent over serial.  If date-time is from a Nextion side RTC on an enhanced model, it is possible to not notice screen refresh ... technically speaking.

I can confirm Patrick's statement.. I was just playing with this last week and data is still processed and updated on the Nextion while dim=0.   In my sample, I have a clock updated every minute.  My PIR sensor turns the display off (dim=0) when nobody is around. When I walk in the room, it comes back on and the clock is up-to-date...

"dim=0" is correct, the other "dim = 0" is incorrect.

Data will still continue to process if dim=0, but how could we see

Login or Signup to post a comment