Alright Patrick / Gerry! How about spilling the beans? ;-) Excited to read the note on the iTead homepage about a future KS campaign. I'm in! Just tell me where to throw my $$$! LOL...
We will launch a crowdfund campaign for capacitive multi-touch Nextion. Leave your email address, and we will inform you at the first time we launch the campaign, so that you'll be able to snap up the "early bird" perk...
LOL ... Don't blame me, I am 12 hours behind Itead. I usually ask Gerry to tell me what happens in the future, but there is usually little said so as not to influence the time continuum. Sure wouldn't mind yesterday's/tonight's winning lotto numbers.
A crowd-funded capacitive multi-touch - sounds sooo good!!
I'll be looking forward to it
It would sure make my Space Invaders easier
- imagine fire and moving at the same time .... Huh!
Also Nextion IO Expansion cable available
I registered my e-mail address in the link provided in the first post, but I didn't receive any e-mail after the Indiegogo campaign was launched...
I have also checked the spam folder.
Raphael - have you received yet?
Yes, I actually received it today :-)
With 10 days to go it isn't looking good. As these are ready to ship in April I would assume you're already producing them? Can we convert our "pledges" into orders?
I really hope it does go through. With more then 50 7" CTP displays I'm sure it would have.
So what future has this product? Will production be launched? Should backers wait for their panels?
I am sorry I don't have enough details.
The desire would be somehow for the product to be realized.
Limited (quantity) prototypes were created, and capacitive HMIs did indeed work.
Costs for setup/tear down would be less than optimal on less demand
Shorter production runs mean more costly the product
But on a fixed goal campaign? Itead will have received no money from.
So I assume orders would need to be placed differently and/or again
But I will post again when we know more solid details. Too many assumptions now.
Thank you for your time.
- Prices too prohibitive for you and you ask for cost to increase?
But you base a lot on a lack of understandings.
- such as CEO does not get 40K a week
Many said they would like such Capacitive displays
- such effort to make Capacitive was indeed made,
- Short run prototypes were made and indeed they work.
How many to make on Production Run?
- Indiegogo shows not 1000's or 10,000's
but 84 people wanted.
Such production runs need to be arranged for long term commitments
- just as the existing Nextion models have long term commitments
so that customers like you have many year availability to count on.
But Itead indeed took the risk, made and developed working prototype
1 1/2 month on indiegogo showed that community not willing to back with bucks
Such development costs were invested by Itead - up front to develop it
Such Indiegogo campaign risked nothing to community - goal wasn't met.
Every and All suggestions were presented to Nextion development team.
I will not make any apologies to the users for giving frank opinion if request had a shot
I said I would be users voice, and users voice to Itead I am, this was role I was given.
But I am a glorified Nextion user now with forum duties.
I have spent much of my time to get users past their hurdles
I have what you have to make something work
But when making it work now and not however long until dev team implements feature?
Are you recommending that I not waste my time to show how it can be done?
Should I just do bare minimum to only read and report from what I have read?
Wow, I see where all my personal effort and time as been appreciated
- such was my own personal time I gave, my knowledge and skill
- Chirstmas Day, New Years Day I gave answers Today is Easter I give answers.
- How long has it been that questions are unanswered for 24 hours
Such use to be the normal, three weeks to three months with no responses.
How many other users will help get you past hurdles as I have tried?
But hey thanks for being frank, at least now I know I have wasted my time and effort.
Current Nextion models have Long Term Availability and SLA
- this currently exists, products developed with Nextion already have supply stability.
With a roughly 5 year LTA, I think that is more stable than any cell phone
- and the quality of the display is well above comparative quality - near gold if compared
- this should be plenty to develop products with confidence
not many other suppliers will provide such commitments
For capacitive, the same LTA/SLA would indeed be nice
- numbers were more than weak, weak just doesn't describe 84 of 100,000 user base
- Itead still eager to find way to provide Capacitive
- but in real business terms, price can never be same as larger orders under LTA
(in China, suppliers require large number to produce, not 5 and 10)
- Please don't try to bring Alibaba prices into .. it doesn't compare in same manner.
If 100,000 month units between a few customers, cost per 1000 can be had in this manner
but when not of same group to hit such numbers, no such deal will exist.
Itead has already agreements with supplier to provide LTA
To be fair, over 7 months of development effort was made for Capacitive Touch (Aug 2016-Mar 2017)
Many things were also done within the Nextion Editor from v0.37 Aug 7, 2016 till now.
- Event Editor helper when editing events
- Event Editor helper when in Debug Simulator
- Stabilized Blue Theme that was killing XP
- minimized truncation to font on generation
- Added Checkbox and Radio
- Added several new attributes including .key
- Keyboard added for all sizes
- Page import/export with encryption
Many things were also done in the firmware
- upper optimizations
- reorganization for component expansions
- reduced overhead and increased speed a few times
- new commands were brought into play
- much more in global language support
Many of these ... were in Featured Request