Start a new topic

Ewelink timer

Being able to use Ewelink to generate a momentary switch as a 1 second timer woujld be useful.  Currently minutes is the finest resolution.  Could you add the ability to control in the seconds range?  I use it for my garage door and have to turn it on then manually turn it back off.

12 people like this idea

Maybe a short trigger would be better and more useful.

Instead a on/off switch a ON-trigger for 2s.

2 people like this

I think a 2-3 seconds temporary ON will be great to activate electrical lock doors or motorized doors which requiere only a pulse normally created with a manual push button.

Also, it will be nice have a random time function limited in a period of time. For safety reasons will help to avoid burglars that notice that a light turns on and off at exact times during the day-nigth.

For instance:

ON: Between: 8:00 PM - 8:20Pm (the exact time will be assigned randomly)

OFF Between:  6:00 AM to 6:40AM (the exact time will be assigned randomly)

I hope you consider this function in future realeases.

Regards.

2 people like this
Hi,
I reinforce the request for adding seconds to the timer in EweLink... in my case it would allow to control water pumps for my plants over the house.

I know it's a common need, since even a small acquarium pump tranfers more than 1 lt per minute, and it's more than enough in most of the cases for indoor plants or other usage.

In any case, adding seconds would surely add precision to all applications for Itead products.

I hope you'll take this request since I really need it and would buy other TH10s, I have lots of plants to take care of and it would really help

2 people like this

I really need this feature as well. I need seconds timing on the app. Because I'd like to open my window curtains and they open it in 30 seconds. Giving more than 30 seconds electricity causes problems.

Please consider this for garage gates as well.

1 person likes this

Ewelink currently only supports timers in days, hours, or minutes. Seconds is not available as an option but there are at least 10 to 20 different feature requests in the forums for this exact same feature expressed in slightly different ways. It looks like the company has attempted to do this but in other places made comments that it is not possible to do based on seconds. I understand. There's an inherent latency through the Internet and Wi-Fi and it doesn't have that level of accuracy to the second. It can be fairly close most of the time at least typically with a two or three second possible delay, but usually within 1-2 seconds.

Sonoff, Ewelink, iTead, or Coolkit, whatever name you want to go by. If you're listening here is how you can solve this problem by thinking outside the box. My guess is from the app your only able to call a function and not pass a specific value such as delay (time in seconds). So currently the timer is done at the server level and when the timer is triggered in the app or on the server it calls a function relayopen () or relayclose (). Consequently, in the app allow the timer to be set in increments of 5 seconds, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 35 sec, 40 sec, 45 sec, 50 sec. and 55 sec. This requires adding 11 single-line function calls to the firmware i.e.: Delay5sec(), Delay10sec(), Delay15sec(), ... Etc. then from the timer function in the EweLink App, only allow customers to set the seconds wheel to the available values at a resolution of five seconds, or if that's difficult because of the app control simply specify that whatever the number of seconds and sent to it will always be rounded up or down to the nearest five seconds.

Similarly even if something is set to 15 seconds, that means it could activate based on natural Internet latencies, while it will usually activate within 15-17 seconds, sometimes it could be between 15 and 20 seconds and if there's a major problem with the Internet, on rare occurrences it may be even less than five second accuracy. So whatever you implemented on must not cause major problems if the accuracy is outside of 5 seconds. But for garage door for example, if you set it to close for 10 seconds or open for 10 seconds and it happens to run for 15 seconds it will simply get to the end of travel and stop. for watering the plants waters for a few extra seconds than what is planned it's not going to really be critical and hurt anything. The customer must utilize it in the way appropriate based on technological capabilities and limitations.

so Sonoff, Ewelink, iTead, or Coolkit, now that I have given you a solution to the problem that works within the technological limitations, it's about 1 hour of implementation time. Maybe 1 day if you have a lot of regression testing to do. Could you please get this implemented?

Everyone else, requesting that the timer have a resolution in seconds, or asking for some sort of the delay functionality, please vote this up and emphasize that this solution would meet your needs. That it doesn't have to be to the exact second for most applications.

Mark Felling, Broadened Horizons Inc., Software Quality Test Automation Engineer, EE, MBA, who also happens to be quadriplegic disabled with no use of hands or arms specializing in how we as humans interact with technology in the world around us. Disability is nothing more than differential ability, requiring reframing thought about what is "human" norm. Most of our user interfaces are defined by institutional and societal habits and traditions. #ThinkOutsideTheBox

Delay10sec () {

relay (0); // closes the relay by setting GPIO pin high or low depending on logic

wait (10000); // or whatever equivalent function is depending on IDE/language

relay (1); // opens the relay by setting GPIO high or low depending on logic

}

Now why is that so hard to implement? Just copy and paste 11 times for each 5 second increment. and that's assuming you can't pass a value. If you can pass a value, then just pass the value in seconds don't allow for resolution of less than 5 seconds increments.

3 people like this

The relay is controlled locally and works without wifi. The timers are programmed into the hardware. So its not a matter of latency of the internet. Maybe the hardware cannot do it.

2 people like this

Me uno a esta solicitud, para mí y para muchos otros usuarios sería muy importante poder controlar el tiempo de encendido / apagado en segundos.

Login or Signup to post a comment