Start a new topic

Provide way for change in page image to change crop image picc

I'd like to see a feature where in the editor, of you change the number of pageN.pic, you are asked if you want to change the picc number on all the objects on that page which have "crop image". If the developer says "no", behavior is at present; if "yes", a lot of editing could be eliminated.

Similarly, when creating an object with "crop image", the default picc could be pageN.pic. This again would save steps and would usually provide what the developer wanted.

A third related step might be an additional command where if the developer changed the page background, either by a command from the Nextion or from the MCU, all the "crop image" picc values could be changed, like:

page page5

page5.pic=4

conformpicc

I understand this can be done now with

page page5

page5.pic=4

t1.picc=4

t2.picc=4

. . .

etc., but that could entail a lot of commands.

Rainer's suggestion on multiple selection of objects and yours on coding pretty much satisfies my desire to make easy changes to picc when changing the background image, so I reduced my request to setting picc to pageN.pic when an object is first set as having "crop image" in the editor (instead of the default 0).

I appreciate the desire to let the firmware developers concentrate on the features which they think would be most useful.

I certainly was suggesting relevant coding techniques would be more useful to users design at runtime, certainly not a mouse click within the Editor.

You will perhaps realize what I am saying when you have more complex designs.  Nowhere would I desire to have this kind of feature when dealing with multiple crop images on the page.  To have workflow interrupted by this, and an accidental accept changing so many Components it shouldn't have.

I am also more in favour of letting development continue their work on more advanced firmware features.  These are my opinions and the reasonings behind my opinions.

That being said, I always represent all the user requests when the time comes for my input.  I do not believe it wrong to be open with the users when I think something has a slim chance.

Rainer--thank you--I didn't know you could select and work on multiple objects. That's timesaving.

Patrick--thank you for your suggestion. I see this could be done using your pseudo-subroutine method (which has worked well for me). I still think that when you are first creating a object in the editor, and set "crop image", it would be more useful to more developers if the default picc value was pageN.pic instead of 0.

"I'd like to see a feature where in the editor, of you change the number of pageN.pic, you are asked if you want to change the picc number on all the objects on that page which have "crop image". If the developer says "no", behavior is at present; if "yes", a lot of editing could be eliminated."

If you mean changing attributes in the editor, you can already do that by selection all the related components e.g. buttons and then selecting/setting the new values. Components can also be selected by clicking and draging the mouse to ensnare them. Multi selection can also be done by holding down CTRL and clicking the relevant components that you need to change. No need to do it one by one. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

I am not going to assess this as a Feature Request

I believe what you are looking for is doable in your own code.

Add numeric variable mycrop,

in a function all components relying on cropped image #4

page5.pic=mycrop.val

t0.picc=mycrop.val

when image is changed, trigger your code

- I prefer click, others use timers.

Editor side will not aid runtime changes

- done in code, works better at runtime

So this issue only benefits those needing such image cropping

and without digging in deeply the suggestion starts to direct the

Editor usage to a fixed way of doing things.  The overall needs

to remain flexible for the many many design approaches