Start a new topic

Amazon echo / Dot

Hello Does anyone know if Sonoff WiFi switches work with the Amazon Dot / Echo Alexa voice commands??

7 people like this idea

We are plan our device add a skill to Amazon next month,please hold on.

4 people like this

@support, yes please.  The Amazon skills with the WeMo is what lead me to ITEAD.  Leave the expensive plug and play versions (Philips and WeMo) to the appliance users, but ITEAD can capture the HUGE base of people who are comfortable working with mains voltage. 

This community would be a great place to find your beta testers!

2 people like this

Awesome!

I really wasn't looking forward to flashing all my modules.

1 person likes this

It would be much cheaper and easier for iTead to just release the protocol.

But it's iTeads money being spent, and simpler for end users.

1 person likes this

Alas Sonoff and Alexa only work together in the USA. 

This is what ITEAD emailed me: "The skill is only available for server in USA now.

We are applying for EU server, waiting for the feedback from Amazon."

1 person likes this

Its pretty easy to do with Openhab2 and ESPEasy firmware.  Openhab 2 can emulate Philips Hue devices whic are auto detected by Alexa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTawFMN-cg

1 person likes this

Eagerly awaiting the feedback!! Very good news!!

1 person likes this

I saw the YouTube videos and it's great if they are really being controlled by the Echo Dot, but no one really explains how to do it.

1 person likes this

First you need to flash your Sonoff WiFi switches  with a new firmware. which many aren't comfortable doing.

After that it is very simple. A Web server like BWS systems HA-Bridge will interface with them using tcp.

If itead supplied the protocol users wouldn't need to flash their devices.

1 person likes this

looks like someone has it working with Alexa. 

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-sonoff-sonoff-th-device-handler-smartapp-5-10-smart-switches/45957/24

maybe just Alexa to "Discover Devices"

1 person likes this

"No VaporWare Policy ..."

sorry, when we have something to publish, we will be the very first who will do ...

We won't state any about things which are not finished. It wouldn't be very seriouse to give any ETA or other promise, which we maybe can't fulfill ... too many things can happen which may influence a given workflow ...

And there is nothing more bad than delay a given promise ... so, we just don't do ... sorry ...

Just stay tuned ...

1 person likes this

If itead would share the protocol or allow these to be controlled locally one could control via HA-Bridge

1 person likes this

I see that ITEAD has announced that it works with Alexa now.

My questions:

1) Will it also work with Google Home then , or is that a separate update , and is it coming ?

2) is it hardware or software update ?

3) will I be able to update existing sonoff switches ?

4) does it apply to all sonoff products or only specific ones?

1 person likes this

Greg MAr////

i know some info.

1. i dont know

2. i think software update cuz they told me you can be using exsting switch at echo or alexa.

3. i think yes. they told me that answer by we chat.

4. im no sure. but i think all products can be using.

P.S . sorry my bad english.

1 person likes this

Hi 

I will be showing many video's over the next 2 or 3 weeks on many SONOFF Projects including ALEXA

https://youtu.be/_VNtP9Xh2NI

check them out 

Rob

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment