Start a new topic

CROP MCU command

Hello,
One question - whether it is possible to get through UART vary the height of the "CROP" field, prepared in the Nextion Editor? I have at the moment an area that I want to cover through a "crop" field. This field was defined at the N.Editor, and his height would like to change by the command from MCU. Is it possible?
BR
Tomasz

Hello Dear All;

Thank you for so quick response. Indeed, it is a little complicated in my description, very sorry. I'll try to explain in other words, but my English is not good.

So, I wonder how I can affect the specific parameters of objects on the screen. For example, in Nextion Editor (NE) I made a panel, in which I use the tool "CROP" to cover part of the screen. I want from my microcontroller,  via UART change only one parameter of the field - for example, height, and other times the width. Can I just do it? I understand, that I can do this with the "progress bar" but the question is whether I can also change the parameters of the other elements - for example, such as the area "crop".
I have another question. I have a background on the screen - large gauges made in Photoshop. In the NE, using tool "gauge" I made two elements on these image, and in setup I use the parameter "crop image" and pointed to the background picture (my gauges from Photoshop). The indicators are working properly - arrow rotating on the axis and the gauges shows the correct value but very strongly flickers. How to eliminate this effect?

Best regards

Tomasz Kicinski

Nextion Editor Field Color Meanings:

If Field is Gray it is Enumerated with dropdown, not settable via UART at runtime.

If Field is Black, not settable via UART at runtime.

If Field is Green, settable via UART at runtime.

If Field is Bold Green, settable via UART at runtime and causes refresh

Width and Heights of components are generally not able to be changed at runtime

This is due to the Nextion MCU not having a graphics card to store copy of graphics

Flickering is usually a design result from stacking of components.

When components are under another, the components must be refreshed from the bottom up, this causes the component on top to be partially erased by the bottom until the upper component is finally redrawn.

There certainly are other approaches to creating your HMI design that would not involve layering.

Login or Signup to post a comment