So bring your A Game, and showcase your skillz

- We will publish the best 25 contributions here

- We will select the champion from these best 25

- The champion will win the grand prize

- the other 24 will receive a small mystery gift

Forum Users:

you will get your chance to upvote your favourites

- so don't forget to cheer your champion on

So get ready, on your mark, get set ... and CODE!

visit https://www.itead.cc/contest.html now!

Please keep this thread clean

Discussions for the Contest can be made in Free Chat

http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/11000008433

December 20th Update:  The contest is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry.

* And extra thanks for those that read and followed the rules. 

Special thanks to everyone at Itead Studios that made this contest happen.

Though we aimed to selected the best 25 finalists, just 10 entries received

- so all of the entries have been posted below.

Up voting will be limited to a 24-48 hour period

- we want to be able to announce the contest winner before Christmas.

- besides up voting, discussions should be made in Contest Chatter

http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/11000008433

December 26th Update:

Congratulations to our winners:

1st Place - 5.0" Enhanced Nextion Display + Expansion Board
  • for showcasing his technique using dual progress bars to create his centered bi-directional expanding component.  Francisco specifically described his slick usage he was demonstrating, included the required picture and HMI files, and kept his video to under 40 sec as required by the rules of the challenge.  The challenge winner, winning our grand prize goes to:
  • Francisco Martinez, AutoPilot display

2nd Place - 2.4" Enhanced Nextion Display
  • The judges felt two other projects rose above their competitors. It was the judge's decision to create a last minute second place prize for these two contributions, awarding a second place prize to both:
  • Alberto Cotronei, MK4duo
  • Adel AL-Marzouqi. Controlling and Monitoring a System

3rd Place - $10 coupon code
  • We prepared for 25 finalists, but so few entered. Our other non disqualified challenge runner ups will receive a $10 coupon code as their mystery gift, and apply it towards an item of the choosing, these are awarded to:
  • Solivio Marcon, Motorcycle Active Dashboard
  • Mikhail Demin, AirBrew
  • Nima Mokhtarzadeh, Comac Hand dryer

Competitor entries not meeting the 11:59pm December 19th, 2016 deadline
  • Such entries were not considered for the challenge competition.  All effort was made to ensure late entrants were given a chance - keeping the challenge open until 12:01am Dec 20th, 2016 in Baker Island (the last place on earth to hit the midnight deadline) accepting entries up to that point before finally closing the challenge.

Competitor entries that did not include required HMI and Picture files
  • This was an intellectual challenge that had few rules.  It was clear that HMI file and one picture would need to be included with the entry.  It was unfortunate that those not submitting their required picture and HMI files were disqualified and lost their chance of being able to win a prize.
  • It is essential to read the rules of the Challenges and Competitions for what is required for entry.  This last challenge was of an intellectual nature, requiring to showcase the technique - future Competitions and Challenges will be of a differing nature and will have different requirements - please read the challenge and rules carefully.  Tailor your entries to the challenge.

Competitors that tried to enter via incompatible thought technologies
  • It was a requirement that entries needed to be submitted via our contest server.  It was unfortunate, but our server is not equipped to handle such thought transmissions.  We encourage you to make a physical attempt for your entries on our future challenges.

We would like to thank everyone who participated, both those in an active and a passive manner.  We hope that everyone had fun, and please keep your attention for our future challenge announcements

4 people like this idea

A Review of the Challenge, and the Contest Rules:

The contest, what it is, and what it is not ...

• We want to see your slick ideas
  • Genius usage of available resources
  • Which extends your Nextion far beyond normal
  • We don’t like to see a working button, we already know how a button works
  • We don’t like something common and normal, easy to achieve
  • We don’t care about the complexity, your idea counts
  • Bring the Nextion beyond its limits ...

We like a fair contest, we will judge at our best. Not everybody can win. But every contribution is by sure a win for you all. We will publish the best 25 contributions in our forum before Christmas. A Nextion 5.0" HMI display for the 1st winner, a mysterious small gift for each of the rest 24 contributors.

Rules and Terms

• We like to keep things simple, but a few rules must be ...
  • We surely need every contributors E-Mail and Name
  • Define your contribution clear and fully, describe the essential in a few words and sentences
  • The better your description, the better for your first ranking
  • Enter all data which are asked on our Contributors Page
  • Missing one, and your chance just became slim ...
  • Every contribution must contain your Project HMI together with all needed information about used Editor version and used display type
  • Every contribution must contain one Picture or Photo of your project. Only JPG or PNG are accepted. The more we can see, the better for your first ranking
  • You can provide us your YouTube video via link. But be aware, too big, too long, and you surely won’t win. 40sec. max. with a max. resolution of 640x480 is enough to present your main idea
  • Itead and a high qualified jury judges. Our decisions are final, and there is nothing to discuss about
  • The winners will be informed immediately after closing the contest
  • Itead has the right, to use all contributions also for own promotions and presentations
  • It is Iteads legal right to close any contest at any time
  • With uploading your contribution, you accept our rules and terms.

#1) Beedroom alarm-clock-meteo-radio

• by Rui Barroso
  • This pretend to be an alarm clock with internal and external temp/humdity mesure and barometric pressure to predict weather
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Basic 7.0" Model

I'm building this project with a Neotion HMI 7' display. This pretend to be an alarm clock with internal and external temp/humdity mesure and barometric pressure to predict weather. All with the excelent graphics and fonts that Neotion lets us upload to display.

#2) Motorcycle Active Dashboard

• by Solvio Marcon
  • This project uses a Nextion Display as a main motorcycle interface
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Basic 2.8" Model

I'm using a Nextion HMI display as main dashboard for my bike. The display communicates with a main ECU placed below the motorcycle seat. The display is assembled in a 3D printed housing, which includes 4 general purpose LEDs. The dashboard is able to display the following data:

- Motor rpm

- Vehicle speed

- fuel level

- selected gear

- water temperature

- air temperature

- odometer

- ECU or engine errors

I'm also using the touch screen to set up some motorcycle functions, as the heated grips or the hazard lights. this is still a work in progress, but the dashboard is already correctly working on the motorcycle (BMW K75).

• Project HMI File: included
  • Picture File: included
hmi

#3) AirBrew

• by Mikhail Demin
  • Automation for home brewery
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Enhanced 5.0" Model

I develop software for home brewers. The project is based on the display Nextion Enhanced and the microcontroller esp8266.

hmi

1 person likes this

#4) MK4duo

• by Alberto Cotronei
  • MK4duo is firmware for 3d printers, based on Marlin firmware
  • Nextion Editor v0.41  Basic 4.3" Model

MK4duo if firmware for 3d printers, it is compatible with Arduino Mega and Arduino DUE. The idea of putting a touch screen came to me when I saw the nextion on Kickstarter. The Nextion allows you to use the printer in all of its capabilities. Also as it is seen in the video I have also created the opportunity to see in real time what the printer is printing. Unfortunately from one video you can not see all the features. There are still many things to do and mend but gradually the proggeto grows. I am fully satisfied with this display, I just need more features to the editor. The MK4duo firmware you can find it at this https://github.com/MagoKimbra/MK4duo address.
Thank's

hmi

18 people like this

#5) WiFi Button

• by Francesco Boscarino
  • Push the button and get things done!
  • Nextion Editor v0.41  Basic 2.4" Model

Like Amazon Dash Button, using ESP8285 and a very simple circuit and firmware is possible to build a Dash Button clone with open features, like MQTT commands, to control home device using NodeRED platform.

• Project HMI File:  missing
  • Picture File:  missing

#6) Moustly printed CNC

• by Ove Karlsson
  • CNC controller router , that can switch tools like lasercutter engraver , 3D printer. Dragkroken etc.
  • Nextion Editor v0.41  Basic 7.0" Model

I have today a HMI on a raspberry pi and 7inch screen that is funktional but i have been qurious about making a better HMI with a screen that allows me to design My own look of how i want it to look with the buttons and other stuff. I believe that the Nextion display would work great for me but until now i have managed with the solution i have today. The Nextion displays will make it possible to develop this projekt further the way i see it and maybee the perfecr solution to a lot of problems so i would be wery happy if i could get hold of one for free to try to develop this to the next level.

#7) Controlling and Monitoring a System using Bilingual Human Machi

• by Adel AL-Marzouqi
  • The purpose of this project is to control a system using bilingual HMI (Human Machine Interface).
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Basic 5.0" Model

The purpose of this project is to control a system using HMI (Human Machine Interface), with ON/OFF Controller or PID Controller, Briefly we will have a tank, the tank will contain three loops, the first loop will have a temperature sensor and a heater, so the temperature sensor will send data to the HMI and it will be displayed on the touch screen, so we can control the heater using the screen, The second loop will contain a pump and ultrasonic sensor, The ultrasonic sensor will measure the level of water in the tank and the level will be displayed on the touch screen, and there will be an ON/OFF Controller to turn the Pump ON and OFF, Third loop will only contain a flow meter that will measure the flow rate and data will be displayed on the HMI Indicator, The Touch screen will display all data and information need to be known on the screen for example (alarms, set point, variables, and indicators , etc .. ), Also there will be a real time simulation for the system.

• Project HMI File:  included
  • Picture File:  included
hmi

#8) openHomeControl

• by Sam Mrtnt
  • openHomeControl, a simple interface to control your home automation system.
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Enhanced 7.0" Model

The goal of this project is to provide an interface for controlling a Home Assistant instance. We've not always our laptop or our smartphone switched on; a simple interface, realised with a nextion display and connected to an ESP8266 could be a really good choice. I've already a Github (https://github.com/mertenats/Open-Home-Automation) page with some examples (with Sonoff switches, for example) with Home Assistant and the MQTT protocol. This protocol is a good way to exchange data between the home automation controller and the display (ESP8266/ESP32).

#9) Autopilot display

• by Francisco Martinez
  • A minimal display for an autopilot of a vessel
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Basic 4.3" Model

A display simulating e-ink display for a bridge control panel. Is used to show data required for the autopilot system. That is propeller power and rudder position. The brightness is also configurable using a potenciometer. The special need for the display is a progressbar that need to be able to start from the middle and increase to both side. That is done using 2 bars with opposite colors for background and foreground and a data modification in the arduino.

HMI
(392 KB)

#10) Comac Hand dryer

• by Nima Mokhtarzadeh
  • A LCD integrated hand dryer can display real-time info , slide show and device specification.
  • Nextion Editor v0.40  Enhanced 5.0" Model

this is world first hand dryer with integrated LCD can monitor device specification and display advertising messages and real-time information.

• Project HMI File:  included
  • Picture File:  included
hmi

.... and that's all folks, these are this years 10 contestants.

So we again thank those that made a contribution,

and a very special thanks to those at Itead for making this Challenge happen.

So begin your up voting now, the time to up vote your fav will be limited indeed.

1 person likes this

Password?

hey teo, how do you mean password?

Login or Signup to post a comment