I have been working with Nextion IDE for a month, but there are some very very missing features in the "scripting" language, and IDE:
- text value indexing:
- "function" node: if i would like to use code sequences more times
now i have to hacking with timer, bugging the tim.en property.
- there is no indirection between functions, and variables:
page 1 // works
page next_page //
page va0.txt // does not work
page va0.val // does not work
- I have a page where user can modify parameters. I would like to use this page from different pages.
- I would like to store in variable the name or id of the parent page, and then user push OK or CANCEL button jump back to the page where I came from.
It's very basic but I have to hack it with totally unnecessary duplication of the setup pages... If there will be change on setup pages, i have to do changes multiple times...
- array type of variable object would be very useful:
If I do a list or combo, or wheel control like advance control for parameter changing, selecting, I had to hack code with long long if.. then... case sequences, with a lot of hard wired strings, or values. :(
This missing stuff can solve a lot of problem with one shot...
Of course indexing possibility is needed, like va0[idx].val.
- Antialiased generated text: Texts would be more nice looking, and not poping out when I mixing texts with bitmap based gui.
- Color Variable, Color Array, or/and directly editable color int field, or/and better colorpicker: Less Sweat!
- Escape sequences, useful excapesequence: minimum requirement \r \n
- Inverted text ( not vital, but sometimes useful ): on full text-like controls, or with in-text inverting on/off escape squence like \i1 (inverting on), \i0 (inverting off).
Full text inverting useful if I would like to "flash" text.
Escape on/off like intext,subtext inverting, highlighting, flashing can be useful aswell. Nowadays I tried to do textbox field with minimal keypad view, but I can't do easy way, only HACK,HACK,HACK, because no tools in my hands of text indexing, subcripting, substring, and cursor-like effect. Subtext inverting, inverting the current character in the text control useful for cursor-like effect...
- TOP global variables: not the part of the page, can be accessible from every page not in this form page0.myGlobalVariable, only myGlobalVariable keyword is needed.
- Popup-like page: Controls layout of the page can be show over the actual page like a popup window. Can be hacked with vis ctr,x command, but not too elegant. And "popup" controls hides the underlying ones...
These are my missing features in nextion IDE, but very COOL and I like so much!
I hope that, the time will come in some months or years, when all of these kind features will have been already built in nextion IDE.
ps: sorry for my english, not my primary language.
I have just written my remarks, comments on your product, nextion IDE. Maybe helps, or not.
What you will do with these infromation, that is just your business...
No need to explain about mcu developement... I know this field, I know these kind of weakness.
In my philosophy I am trying to push all GUI-based tasks, functions to HMI. MCU - HMI communication works on only parameters, and events...
Neverthless, I would like to congatulate for your product, and IDE. Good, usefull solution, for great price, and support.