Start a new topic
Not Taken

C++ Programming Level

I love the Nextion display, but I think I'm not alone in thinking the coding side to the IDE is seriously lacking.

Its badly documented and doesn't seem to follow any common language. 

The nextion controller is an SMTF1038C, so somewhere there is C++ or machine code generation going on in the compile stage.

Why not allow access to the C++ layer and provide all the form elements access to that layer?

Like any other GUI Form editor.

This would make all the elements far more powerful, and will also open up the display for more user built libraries and functions.

The Compile button is misleading you.  You will have to look deeper for understanding.

I have to elaborate for those following this with any seriousness.

Its badly documented and doesn't seem to follow any common language. 

This is mainly because it is not a language, it is a few text based instructions

The nextion controller is an SMTF1038C

The lower common denominator is the STM32F030C8T6, which means the solution would have to be compatible with this MCU.  The specs of which are 64K flash and 8K SRAM.

so somewhere there is C++ or machine code generation going on in the compile stage. Why not allow access to the C++ layer and provide all the form elements access to that layer?

When someone finally programs a C++ compiler for the Nextion, or a machine code generator, perhaps there might be a C++ layer to provide access to.  Until then it is impossible to provide access to something that has yet to exist. 

Perhaps an ambitious coder might be able to create this in the 64K flash and 8K SRAM.  Then we can all have access.

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

Source is closed.  Request carried forward

For legal reasons - source is closed - not taken

Login or Signup to post a comment