Start a new topic

Is Enhanced version fully compatible with standard (with no enhanced features)?

I couldn't find this information how to migrate from the standard version to the enhanced (if there is any work to be done, or not...)

My project uses standard 5" Nextion right now. Pages are rather feature rich. If I am to migrate to a 7" Enhanced version of Nextion (assume for now that no "enhanced" features are used), would my HMI code be fully compatible and work just fine without any changes ? Or should I make it compatible for some instructions?

The main difference will be

- RTC (will not function on Basic even though Basic MCU has a built in RTC just not battery backed)

- GPIO will of course fail on basic  pio0..7, cfgpio pwmf, pwm4..7

- EEPROM will fail on basic.

All else will be compiled as per the model and add the appropriate firmware to the compiled TFT

Assuming as per my post that no enhanced feature used, then your answer in your last line mean just to recompile as is my current (standard) HMI file for a new enhanced nextion and upload it. Right?

That would mean perfect compatibility:)

You are speaking of going upward, from a BASIC to an ENHANCED then yes.

Open the existing HMI made for a BASIC model

Change settings to select new model (same screen size from 800x480 to 800x480)

Recompile the HMI file

Upload the New TFT made for the enhanced to the enhanced display.

Going from ENHANCED down to BASIC you have to be aware of rtc,gpio, and eeprom commands.

They may not be perfectly compatible (basic model TFT placed into enhanced model - will not work), but recompiling the HMI creates the new TFT made for that model.

It's possible config GP I/O pins on ENHANCED models for I2C bus, SPI eeprom or SD card.

Otherwise I do not understand the purpose of button outside Nextion display.

Per

It is possible to trigger a component's Pressed/Released Event code that is in your HMI design by configuring the gpio pin to bind to a component. 

It is also possible to read the gpio pins as 0/1 so signals can be sent over the gpio in either direction depending on how it was configured.

It is not possible to reconfigure the firmware to activate or write user functions over those pins - so using the pins as I2C, SPI, or eeprom is not possible.

Login or Signup to post a comment