Start a new topic

nextion editor text word wrap? linebreak?

Hi,

is it possible in the nextion editor to have a more common word wrap? It would be great if the new line would not screw up the whole word.

Another question what I'm comming up with: Is it possible to "force" an linebreak in an text field? I need a list output but can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Markus

As for the linebreak, this is something that you can do in your code. 

t0.txt="12\r14"

will output

The .txt attribute in the Editor is expecting what you place there is a literal constant.

So 12\r14 placed in the .txt attribute will output 12\r14. 

But assigning a value to the .txt attribute is parsed as you could be concatenating several strings as in

t1.txt=t0.txt+":"+t2.txt.

Your expectations need to be adjusted to the ST MCU that is driving the Nextion Display.  What can be accomplished while in the Nextion Editor via a "super computer node" called Desktop, is a far cry of what the tiny ST/GD MCUs are capable of.  So in actuality, you wouldn't want the desktop being able to do far more in the Editor and then not be able to replicate it in the actual HMI design running on the Nextion Display.  It is best the Editor remains replicating the capabilities of the MCU.

Hi Patrick,

thank you!!! that are great news - perfect! I very appreciate your long and detailed answers! 

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

Although this wasn't a real feature request, it is now marked as reviewed.

Future questions should be posted to the Free Chat Section

Login or Signup to post a comment