Start a new topic

Using SD card for saving/reading files with variables

Hi to all, I'm using Nextion display in association with general ESP8266 board and I would like to use this combination as a datalogger. Is it possible to use SD card for storing simple files with comma separated values sent from ESP8266 board? I haven´t found appropriate command to achieve this, but there could be some option, if it is actually possible to read from file on FATxx file system. Thanks for your reply.

3 people like this idea

As far as I know, not yet possible.  At all.  The main purpose of the SD is to transfer TFT project, single .tft file on a Fat32 formatted card.  Two files, error.

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

This has not yet been implemented, but will be represented

2 people like this
Hello,
Is please some progress with adapting that feature ?
Thanks Josef

"No VaporWare Policy ..."

sorry, when we have something to publish, we will be the very first who will do ...

We won't state any about things which are not finished. It wouldn't be very seriouse to give any ETA or other promise, which we maybe can't fulfill ... too many things can happen which may influence a given workflow ...

And there is nothing more bad than delay a given promise ... so, we just don't do ... sorry ...

Just stay tuned ...

btw. 1 person upvote for this feature in one year is not that big number to even think about ...

Hello, there are several same topics requesting that functionality (using sdcard for read/write) and they have votes from 4 to 8... i gues you can think about becase a competitors displays already using that feature...
Thanks

how much sram do you like to keep left for your own HMI programm ... ?

now you have still 4/8 kb ... on standard/extended displays ...

how much of this 4/8 will be taken away for real FAT32 file handling routines ... ?

with existing, it is just not possible ...

and even maybe 10 threads with 5 voters each, 50 is far to less to even think about ...

500 to 1000, and we have a reliable base ...

and talk about competitors, they surely may offer this, but also for a similar price ... no ...

What would the purpose be of the microSD card and how would you like to use?

> data comes in not at screen but at MCU

- you really want to collect 32GB of data by sending it at 960 bytes per second

over serial, and pull it back to MCU to send elsewhere at 960 bytes per second?

For around $0.57 you can have the microSD card MCU side where fastest and no

need to move data so many times. But you suggest you would rather we charge the

higher competitors asking price to make inconvenient and higher price for you?

So it is impossible to load data from SD card to MCU and so send data to Nextion?

1) microSD card on Nextion is for loading TFT files only.

2) microSD card on Nextion has no runtime usage.

3) microSD card on MCU can be used however you like

as long as you have programmed it for such usage.

Nextion microSD - not within your control

MCU microSD - within your control.

I think Itead is a bit crunchy with its constructions. They could also spend larger i2c eeprom on enhanged types. 1024 byte is not much! But there are many benefits to Nextion, so that is said. Among other things, a reasonable price. But I can not use big high Arduino boards for my applications.

everything is possible, as long as somebody also pay for ...

but besides this, Nextion displays are not and will never be

- your Arduino replacement in any case ...

- your standalone mcu solution ...

- your replacement for missing mcu side features ...

it is what it is, a HMI display solution ...

and therefore standard industrial HMI considerations are its base ...

if your choosed mcu has some limitations, sorry, choose another mcu ...

if you can't, sorry, wrong project management ...

choose the right tool for the job ...

use a screwdriver for screws, but don't expect that your hammer change ...

I do not think it's the Standard HMI solution as set limits 1024 byte I2C eeprom, and prevents the use of SD card for load/save data.