Start a new topic

A WiFi sonoff with dry contacts

Many people would need the wonderful sonoff wifi switch to simply close two contacts. I mean the device should be powered by main but the contacs of the relais shouldn't be connected to main but simply connected to the output connectors.

4 people like this idea

I miss that option too. Workarround is to remove few mm of the neutral and live line on the pcb between relay and power supply.

1 person likes this
I did it too but playing with Mains is not so safe.

Exposing relais NC contacts

I am really interested in some of these objects and I need (really) many of them for my projects but I need a layout that exposes the NC contacts of the relay, not just the NO ones!!

That is a vital requirement for application where you want the electricity go through two different paths with the FISICAL certainty that they are not enabled at the same time (software can't do so).

The simplest application of this is using a sonoff relay as three-way switch together with an in-wall three-way switch.

I'm looking for a dry contact Wi-Fi switch. I already have some sonoffs... PLS consider produce a SONOFF with dry contacts. Txt

This is where the money is. A standard US single family home has a central air-condition system controlled by 24 VAC. All thermostat sold are mostly 24 VAC. All sprinkler sold are also controlled by 24 VAC. Yes, you can now cut off the PCB to expose the relay contacts for the 24 VAC. But the AC supply route are thick and are on both sides of the PCB.

The closest we have now is the Sonoff SV, for safe voltage. Use a spare USB phone charger for 5V input and 5V output. Get one SV for each sprinkler valve. Then you get a bank of 5V mechanical relays from itead. A 6 zone irrigation contoller cost you some $30 with virtually unlimited of programs. Not worth my time to cut or solder. And since these controllers are mostly hidden in the garage, nobody will complain the size of the smart junk.

Many smart controllers cost several hundreds!

What we need is an SV version with the "dry" relay contacts exposed to the outside world so the 24 VAC can be connected directly. Without schematics, I don't know if the current version is capable of this.

1 person likes this
I don't see any problems to desolder the Relais and put another one in upside down. Be more creative.
Login or Signup to post a comment