Start a new topic

eWeLink battery drain

When using this app on my Galaxy S6, it drains the battery in about 2 hours when the phone is idle.  As soon as I exit the program completely through the "Exit eWeLink" option, the battery drain stops and the phone returns to normal.

Please fix this or I'll have to return my latest order of these controllers.

Why would you leave the app open when not in use?

eWeLink I believe constantly polls the devices so it can display status changes this naturally drains ones battery.

If you intend to keep an eye on your device status then you should connect it to a charger.

Another option is to connect with your PC using an Android simulator I use BlueStacks.

This will not allow you to add devices but you can control and monitor them.

I must kill app to stop drain battery. Please solve for galaxy s7 edge.

Same problem here. I need to uninstall to solve battery drain on my note3

Same issue here on Samsung Galaxy S4. Open the app, use it, sits in the back ground and chews up battery. Not good enough. Application should stop when not the main focus of the display. Only way I can kill the app is through app manager, even then it sometimes starts up again without my knowing and drains the battery. Please fix this. I have more than 15 devices that I purchased from your company and at the rate the app drains the battery I am ready to rip them all out.

The only workaround I have found, to avoid battery drain, is to not upgrade the app (stay on 2.3.1), and after every use logout (right down button -> scroll down -> exit)

I have the same problem on my LG G5 on 2.3.1

have to kill the app every time it is not in use 

you must deal with that problem ASAP

Same problem. LG Spectrum 2 on 4.2 completely dies within 6-7 hours with no use. Battery use shows Ewelink at 80-90% usage. LG G3 on 6.0 shows battery usage at 18% for Ewelink (relatively higher than before, but unsure by how much).

I have the same problem on the LG G3, in 6h spent my entire battery. Charging via USB cable via computer is not fast enough. Please fix it.

1 person likes this
I have the same problem with LG G3. high battery consumption. I uninstalled App EWeLink. Please fix it. why, I do not have the same problem with the iPad? Bye

Same here, LG3 battery drains in about 5 hours. Bought a new battery but same life. Checked the battery info and EWelink is using 35% of the battery. Could not kill the app in  app manager so ended up uninstalling. 

After uninstalling battery life is back to normal. Shame i had to uninstall because the sonoff unit is a cracking bit of kit let down by very intrusive and battery hungry app.

1 person likes this
Hi Bob the same for me, after uninstalling the app ewelink, the battery life is excellent, two days. that's incredible! Please correct this problem. Thanks

new upgrade 2.3.3 solve the problem 

1 person likes this

the last few days the battery drains much less, thanks

I try the new update for some days now and it is better than before but still not good

The drain new is 10 to 12% it is not reasonable for an app that is hardly ever used

You get to think what the app is doing in the background (is it a spyware?)

You must work on it more, it needs to drain no more than 2-3%

Login or Signup to post a comment