4. What is the logic of the button？
Answer: low active
5. It looks like the button is connected to the microcontroller and possibly also the firmware/flash pin
Answer: Sonoff RF(with 433 RF receiver module) button connects to microcontroller, while Sonoff (without 433 RF receiver module) button connects to ESP8266 and common use with firmware/flash pin.
6. What is the purpose of the PWM1 connection?
Answer: It connects to LED, which can indicate WiFi state.
7. LED indicator does not work
1) Check if the board has burn marks and if there is burning smell. Make sure the power for connected device does not exceed max. supported power.
2) If you have multimeter and soldering iron, you may follow below steps to test and repair.
a. Use a multimeter to test both ends of U1 to see if there is about 300v DC or not, if not, then weld the U1 firmly with soldering iron.
b. If U1 has voltage, then check if D5 has voltage. If D5 has no voltage, then use the iron to weld C10 firmly. If D5 has voltage, then send it back to us for repair.
Note: If you are in China, you can directly send to us for repair. If you are not, then please open a ticket to contact our customer service first.
8. Both physical button or APP button can not turn on or off the connected device.
That's because the relay or circuit for relay driver has faults:
If you are an overseas customers, you can repair it as follows:
1) Please re-welded Q1 if you have an soldering iron.
2) Send back to us for repair.
Domestic customers can directly send back to us for detecting, repair or exchange.
9. Electric leakage
Please return it to us for test and repair.
10. Slampher: While turned off, the LED indicator faintly flashed one time, and the connected light bulb failed to be turned off.
Answer: Hardware problem. Please contact our after-sales support for repair or exchange service.
11. Slampher: The led indicator keep blinking after turn off.
1). the LED is broken
2). Electric leakage caused by humid weather
3) The thyristor is broken. Please contact our after-sales support for repair or exchange.
12. My phone is lost, I want to add my devices to a new phone.
You can always log in your eWeLink account with any phone as long as you remember your account and password.
So please log in your old account number, and delete all your devices.
Register a new account with your new phone number. Add your devices to the new account.
13. My Sonoff is dead.
Please open the shell and check whether there is something loose and some cold soldering.
If not, please open a ticket to send a video showing that you have powered the device with right voltage (better use voltmeter to test) but there is no response of the device.
1. How to make my Sonoff WiFi Wireless Switch enter into "UART Download" mode?
Follow below steps:
1）Press and hold the setting button of Sonoff, power up the Sonoff and loose the button, it will automatically enter into "UART Download" mode.
2）You can refer to this link to gain information about SDK and programming manual.
3）Note that we do not recommend you to do that. If you change the firmware, we DON'T undertake any responsibility for any problems caused by this operation.
2. Can I directly use 5V DC to power Sonoff?
Yes, you can. Connect both ends of D5.
3. Can I control added devices through Webpage?
Sorry, but you can use the APP or go to eWeLink WeChat subscription account to control the devices.
4. I want to customize for hardware.
You can contact our engineer at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you have any problems that is still unsolved, please submit a detailed feedback on eWeLink Application. Our IT support will then check the problem and reply you as quickly as possible. A warm reminder here: make sure you have entered a valid email address when submitting your feedback.