Smart Home FAQs

User Manual

1. How to use Sonoff and eWeLink?
Answer: Please scan the QR code on the box of your products to read the manual. Please refer to following links:

Note: please note that our APP keeps updating and so we may not update the User Manual on time.

Currently eWeLink only supports 2.4 G wifi communication protocol. 5G Wi-Fi router is not supported. Now Android version supports to be controlled by LAN, but iOS version doesn't.

2. Other tutorials:

APP Installation

1. I enter eWeLink in search bar in APP Store but find no apps. This problem also happens when I search eWeLink in Google Play. Why?
It is probably because that the new version is under verification to get approval for release. It sometimes takes a few days. We apologize  about this. We suggest you to always save the App in your folder.

Registration

1. Failed to register eWeLink account with email address
Please update the APP to the latest version. This problem has been solved in latest version.

2. Registration problems
1)For Asian users, eWeLink only supports registration and sharing by phone number account.
2)For users outside Asia, eWeLink only supports registration and sharing by email address.

3. Failed to receive any validation code in registration.
Please disable SMS blocking. Please check your junk mail box.
If you still can't receive the validation code, please submit a feedback on eWeLink APP.

Pairing

1. eWeLink failed to search device
If you have installed mobile security APP such as Mobile Manager or Mobile Safe Assistant, this kind of APPs may have prohibited some privileges of eWeLink. Sometimes the system will even prompt safe notification, thus it cannot lead to a successful search.
To solve this problem, you can access to modify authority management, set eWeLink to be your direct trust program or set all programs to be allowed.

2. For timeout Problem , follow below methods to solve it:
1)Check whether your APP version is the latest one, and if not, update it to the latest one.
2)Unplug the device (Sonoff/Slampher...), then plug it to power up again.
3)Uninstall eWeLink and install again
4)Try with a different mobile phone
5)Change to a new WiFi

3. "Device belongs to other user"
Please make sure no one around you has added the device since you receive the package.
If you get a brand-new Smart Home device, when you are adding it for the first time and the APP notes: "Device belongs to other user" , you should go for after-sale services from where you buy your devices from, say Aliexpress, eBay or elsewhere. At the same time, you should submit a feedback on the APP, stating your problem and remember to tell where you bought the device from.

Once we receive your feedback, our IT support will check which ID has added the device already and reply you in email. For security issue, we will not easily delete any ID information.

If you bought the device from ITEAD, we guarantee the smart home products you order in our official website are 100% brand-new. If you need any return service, please submit a ticket on our support system or directly contact info@itead.freshdesk.com

Device Offline

Please refer to this post.

Timing Schedules

1. The timers are invalid
1)Please update device firmware to the latest version
2)Log out of your account, then log in again. Set new timers and check out the results.
3)Delete the device and repair again. Set new timers and check out the results.
4)Delete APP and re-install. Set new timers and check out the results.

Device Sharing

1. Other users can't find the device I am sharing.
They should make their APP are online while you are sharing the device. If their phone screen is auto lock off, they need to unlock and enter into eWeLink.
If still failing, they should try to uninstall eWeLink and install again. Then you can share to them again.

2. It shows the user I want to share is not online
You must make sure the user you want to share with has eWeLink account and is online (keep the screen lighted)

3. Share device list sometimes disappear (especially when I switch the language)
Log out of the APP, re-enter to to check if it is there. Or you have to wait for the newer App version.

4. A user deleted the devices shared by me, but my share list does not update.
Then you have to wait for newer App version.

Other APP issues

1. Virtual Auto ON/OFF Power Switch
It failed to execute the function of Auto ON/OFF when powered up.
1)Check your firmware version, and if needed, please upgrade the APP to the latest version
2)Log out of your account and re-enter, set the power switch, and check whether it is valid
3)Remove the device, add again, set the power switch and check whether it is valid.

2. How to view APP details and firmware version?
To view APP versions, go to User Center, the APP version is out there.
To view firmware version, enter into the device you want to check.
Android version: (some devices may have different interface)

iOS version:

Hardware

1. Why the schematic shows 5 pins and the device I I receive has 4 pins?
Answer: The old version Sonoff has 4 pins, while the new version has 5 pins. And what you are using is the old version.

2. What are the additional exposed pins at the top of the board?
Answer: Those pins are reserved for 433 RF receiver module.

3. What is the interaction between the ESP8266 and the microcontroller and the 433Mhz radio?

4. What is the logic of the button?

Answer: low active

5. It looks like the button is connected to the microcontroller and possibly also the firmware/flash pin

Answer: Sonoff RF(with 433 RF receiver module) button connects to microcontroller, while Sonoff (without 433 RF receiver module) button connects to ESP8266 and common use with firmware/flash pin.

6. What is the purpose of the PWM1 connection?

Answer: It connects to LED, which can indicate WiFi state.

7. LED indicator does not work

1) Check if the board has burn marks and if there is burning smell. Make sure the power for connected device does not exceed 2000W.

2) If you have multimeter and soldering iron, you may follow below steps to test and repair.

a. Use a multimeter to test both ends of U1 to see if there is about 300v DC or not, if not, then weld  the U1 firmly with soldering iron.

b. If U1 has voltage, then check if D5 has voltage. If D5 has no voltage, then use the iron to weld C10 firmly. If D5 has voltage, then send it back to us for repair.

Note: If you are in China, you can directly send to us for repair. If you are not, then please open a ticket to contact our customer service first.

8. Both physical button or APP button can not turn on or off the connected device.

That's because the relay or circuit for relay driver has faults:

If you are an overseas customers, you can repair it as follows:

1) Please re-welded Q1 if you have an soldering iron.

2) Send back to us for repair.

Domestic customers can directly send back to us for detecting, repair or exchange. 

9. Electric leakage

Please return it to us for test and repair.

10. Slampher: While turned off, the LED indicator faintly flashed one time, and the connected light bulb failed to be turned off.

Answer: Hardware problem. Please contact our after-sales support for repair or exchange service.

11. Slampher: The led indicator keep blinking after turn off.

Possible reasons:

1). the LED is broken

2). Electric leakage caused by humid weather

3) The thyristor is broken. Please contact our after-sales support for repair or exchange.

12. My phone is lost, I want to add my devices to a new phone.

You can always log in your eWeLink account with any phone as long as you remember your account and password.

So please log in your old account number, and delete all your devices.

Register a new account with your new phone number. Add your devices to the new account.

About DIY

Write Firmware

1. How to make my Sonoff WiFi Wireless Switch enter into "UART Download" mode?

Follow below steps:

1)Press and hold the setting button of Sonoff, power up the Sonoff and loose the button, it will automatically enter into "UART Download" mode.

2)You can refer to this link to gain information about SDK and programming manual.

3)Note that we do not recommend you to do that. If you change the firmware, we DON'T undertake any responsibility for any problems caused by this operation.

2. Can I directly use 5V DC to power Sonoff?

Yes, you can. Connect both ends of D5.

3. Can I control added devices through Webpage?

Sorry, but you can use the APP or go to eWeLink WeChat subscription account to control the devices.

4. I want to customize for hardware.

You can contact our engineer at this email: odm@itead.cc

Note: If you have any problems that is still unsolved, please submit a detailed feedback on eWeLink Application. Our IT support will then check the problem and reply you as quickly as possible.  A warm reminder here: make sure you have entered a valid email address when submitting your feedback.

1 person likes this