I firstly created 1 page, compiled it was 326Kb. I added 7 other pages, changed fonts and background images and now is a whopping 9Mb...??? (which does not fit on the 3.2" :-( )
Even deleting all background images and reduce nr of screens back to 1 does not really reduce the size anymore, both tft and HMI stay +9 Mb...
I had the same problem and it were caused by the fact that I did not generate a font in Nextion editor first.
A lot has improved over the 4 months since posted.
I have only recently joined the Nextion clan, and can see what you mean with the problems people experienced in older posts. This baffled me at first until I realized that they have improved on a lot of things.
Now only if I could get my head wrapped around the more complex Arduino coding, which is not easy if you are not a programmer or at least put a lot of time into it. If it weren't for all the helpful tips on the Net I wouldn't have even tried it.
I have not seen this issue in recent versions.
This thread is being deemed historic and will be marked as solved.