Start a new topic

Sonoff looses Wifi connection

Hi,

My Sonoff has the problem that it frequently looses the connection to "the server".

When I Power on the Sonoff it connect to "the server". After some seconds the green LED is constantly green, and the Sonoff can be switched on/off via the App.

Some time (sometimes a few minutes, sometime 15 minutes) later the the green starts blinking "fast", and the App reports the device disconnected. Waiting for a reconnection does not change tis, it stays unconnected.

I checked that the Wifi Router is working.

When I remove power from the Sonoff and power it up again, the Sonoff "boots" and after some seconds the led is constantly green again, and is accessible by the App.

In this way the Sonoff is not able, so what can I do? I guess the Sonoff should reconnect automatically, or this not implemented?

Regards.

6 people have this problem

Error after firmware Update on 31.12.2017
The Sonoff had deleted in the Ewelink IOS App and the pairing mode doesn't work anymore.
Connect to itead WLAN, Wifi and password defined, Wifi will be found, but in the end, the device will not be connected in the app.
But after a time, the device remember an connect itself to the Wifi. Ping on reserved MAC Address is okay.
But how will I get the device to manage in the App?????

Best Regard
Holger

I have a same problem. I both switch, it was working well first few days but now is every day loosing signal to internet for hours and I can handle it only by touching, no app or alexa

Many person have the same problem, i think the dns server sonoff temporary died.

Any solution for this problem dude?

Thanks before...

Yes you right, I use Broadlink, them I change to sonoff and have the same problems work them stop working ( I have more tem 10 switch), now I'm trying the switch u work with Jinvoo smart app and switch looks better on connection and touch sensibility is perfect,, for my side is a waist of money buy sonoff like broadlink ( in 1 year 5 broadlink swich just stop working really dead, sonoff the same in 1 month 2 wall switch simple conect to wifi but don't work on the APP) so cheap swich bad realy bad
All swich have wifi less them 3 meter and are off line,,,,,,,,
Unreal....

We are very sorry for the problem.(Explanation On Service Disruption In EU: https://www.itead.cc/blog/explanation-on-service-disruption-on-eu-region/) We are fixing the problem, and the servers will be unstable in the next few days. We'll try our best to solve it. Thank you for your understanding.  

The Problem is still not fixed an the Switch is offline. Why? Why do I need online connection for using the switch in my own WLAN?

I am having this problem also with no connection if I reboot the sonoff it will work for about 15 minutes then loses connection I have no problems with any other smart products only the sonoff I have tried 3 times deleting it and reconnecting to wifi. I only purchased it last week and its on latest firmware.

Login or Signup to post a comment