This would be very handy to send an image over serial to the Nextion.
That would be very useful.
I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.
It takes some crafty mcu code to be able to
- read the image format
- for each pixel, determine and convert color into 565 color format
- issue line command to color new pixel
- real crafty to achieve better than 433 pixels processed per second
No means to store picture on Nextion unless it is in the HMI
- meaning this slow process above needs to be completed every image change
The HMI advantage is the speed to display an image included in the HMI file
- this image is local in SPI flash and therefore many fold faster than UART
Not very effective over UART, but documented