Start a new topic
Solved

waveform command doesn't have a return

Hi,

I am using Nextion 4.3" version and if I use "bkcmd=3" I noticed that "add" command for waveform doesn't return execution status on when succeeded (same behavior in Nextion editor).

Hi,

i found the same Bug.

I.E. Bargraph returns correct result.

But Waveform is ALWAYS True.

If i send values to a waveform and change the page and i still send data to the waveform it keeps returning a true. But i am not on this page anymore, it should be false signal.

This needs to be fixed please.

Hello ITEAD,

it would be very nice to know if you read this issue.

Again:

Return values

true- success

false- failed

Does not work for Waveform.

For Progress Bar or Texts it is working.

This is very important because the signal if a button (i.e. back button) is pressed is not be recognized by arduino every time.

A cylcic refresh of progress bar or text is the problem.

So a workaround is to receive the OK or ERR signal, if the page is changed it is ERR.

But that does not work for waveform, if i change the page i don't know it, because signal is still TRUE.

Best Regards

Alex

We will fix such issue in next version 

There wont be any "OK", but if failed, "ERR" will be sent.

Too much data, too many  "OK", will dramatically lower down the efficient of the system.

"There wont be any "OK", but if failed, "ERR" will be sent.

Too much data, too many  "OK", will dramatically lower down the efficient of the system."

That is not logic. If you don't want to lower down the system just use your bkcmd=0

But if it is specify asked to "ALWAYS RETURN" you should implement a response for all commands.

Otherwise, user needs to implement a different logic for this specific command.

i.e. with baudrate @ 115200 bauds we need to wait each response before sending an other command otherwise nextion doesn't process each commands. We can implement a multithread process which automaticaly wait signal from nextion. If "add command" doesn't return, we need to implement an other way of sending data for this command.

Regards.

This topic is now deemed as historic and will be marked as solved.