Start a new topic
Solved

Missing functions in ITEADLIB_Arduino_Nextion 0.7.1

In an older version of the ITEADLIB_Arduino_Nextion there were functions like "setDefaultBrightness()", "setCurrentBrightness()", "setDefaultBaudrate()", "setCurrentBaudrate()", ...

I'm missing these in the actual version (0.7.1). Why did you remove these?

1 person has this problem

Hi, Uwe. Yes,we have removed these.Because these functions can be supported by the hardware now,view here:http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/Nextion_Instruction_Set#Nextion_HMI:_System_Variables_List

And the library is created for the first version, with the upgrade of the Nextion solution,more and more these functions will be supported by the harrdware directly, so we removed these.

If you want to pack these in the library is also easy.  

And the library is created for the first version, with the upgrade of the Nextion solution,more and more these functions will be supported by the harrdware directly, so we removed these.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with "functions supported by the hardware", but anyway, if the old library functions don't come in conflict with newer functions, you shouldn't remove them from the library. Every time you remove a function from the library, you break compatibility of the new library with old projects, which is usually not popular among users.

3 people like this

@Looky_Xu:

If you want to pack these in the library is also easy.

That's right, but I have to do this after each update of the library.

And I agree with Raphaël: compatibility is very important!!!

2 people like this

Understanding that more work has been conducted on the Arduino Library and more is yet to be done.

This thread topic is deemed historic and therefore being marked as solved.