Start a new topic
Implemented

3D bezel for 7" display

I was unable to find the 7" bezel step file for the Nextion display. Is it available?

Yes.it is available.

You can download here:http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/Nextion_HMI_Solution#Related_Downloads

Note: 3.2" and 3.5" will be OK soon. We will upload them to the wiki.

Thanks!

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

The 2.4"-7.0" bezel files are now available.

Hello,
I've found a Bezel for 7" displays, it almost fits the 7" Nextion except that the vertical holes dimention is approx 92mm instead of 102mm, (the other dimention is ok) it's here:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/272392516759?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I'll try with some riks to drill new holes on the pcb, however I'm wondering if I'll not have problems with internal layers of the pcb, will see, the risk is the price of the Nextion... ;-)
Otherwhise are there other Bezel for the Nextion on the market? I don't have a 3D printer and all my friends having one of these printers cannot do a 7" Bezel because too large.

Thanks for your infos.
Pierre-Francois, f5bqp

I think you have this the wrong way around.

Drill the Nextion PCB and you destroy 100 Nextion ...

But modify the Bezel and maybe some strategic hot glue ... Nextion lives.

- Bezel is by far the least expensive of the two.

Injection molding bezels may see in 2017.

Also ask Itead (www.itead.cc -- follow 3D printing links)

- find a price out for them to print a 3D bezel

- again cheaper than destroying 100 Nextion.

Will see, will let you know but modifying the Bezel isn't possible, NO GLUE is fitting with the malerial and adding some small pieces of plastic or metal to have new holes at the right dimension will place the tft few millimeters ahead and it'll not goes well.
I'm not sure at 100% to destroy the Nextion, I did this on other multilayer prints and it used to work then I'll take the risk with the Nextion, not a big deal will get another one.

FYI guys... Im working on a 3D printed model for the 5" bezel.. Happy to share once I've finished designing it. Keep an eye on my Blog plastibots.com

2 people like this

Hi Dave A, 

I am interested in your 5'' bezel, did you finish it?

It's done.  Link below.  A few notes:

- It contains a hole for a mini PIR sensor

- It was designed to allow the Nextion to be mounted to a wall where a cutout/hole  is needed to allow the Serial connector and wires to go into the wall.  The rest of the TFT does not need to be 'sunken in' but rather sits above the wall.  I used some spacers between the Nextion and the wall to make it fit correctly - which you can also print.

I'll also have this and details about my weather station posted on my blog in a week or so:

PlastiBots.com

Link to Bezel

Are there any news concerning the 7" Bezel which was in preparation?

"No VaporWare Policy ..."

sorry, when we have something to publish, we will be the very first who will do ...

We won't state any about things which are not finished. It wouldn't be very seriouse to give any ETA or other promise, which we maybe can't fulfill ... too many things can happen which may influence a given workflow ...

And there is nothing more bad than delay a given promise ... so, we just don't do ... sorry ...

Hi Guys,

As I was announcing a month ago I just drilled few minuts ago my 7" Nextion to fit into this Bezel:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/272392516759?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It works PERFECTLY !... although I was said it would destroy my Nextion ...

See attached the archive including several pictures showing the Nextion working fine into the Bezel.

Sorry I could not wait for a "may be possible" other solution.

The Bezel is here :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Boitier-Ecran-LCD-7-TFT-HMI-interface-tactile-Bezel-7-case-7-inch-Pi-Nextion-/272392516759?hash=item3f6bdbf497:g:l5EAAOSwNRdX6qpM

rar
congrats, the result looks pretty perfect ...

normally, where you drilled the additional holes you won't find any traces ... so, the danger of destroy anything is rather minimal ...

Thanks Gerry.

Yes you're right but look below into this post, Patrick Martin said:

"I think you have this the wrong way around.

Drill the Nextion PCB and you destroy 100 Nextion ..."

So I was waiting, but as nothing new was coming I decided to take the risk and decided to drill my Nextion.

The risk was limited to the price of the Nextion so it wasn't so drastic ...  ;-)

Now I can continue the hardware for my project.