Start a new topic
Solved

Ability to renumber components

We need the ability to renumber components. I by mistake deleted my background image p0, and when I re-added it, it was added as p8. I could not change it to p0, and had to totally restart the entire screen because the background (now) p8 was on top of everything.

7 people have this problem

That its a must indeed!! :S i also made some mistakes on planning one project, when i realice i want one new "start" screen... i have to start from scratch :(

This can be considered as a BUG...  

Should be fix. 

if you rename the pages accordingly to their function you dont rely on changes being stable

your not stuck using page0, page1 and so on 

if you see my setup each button has its own page name

settings button has a settings page

any changes by mistake can simply be added and then renamed to the needed page

I was referring more to the component id and the order in which the are viewed. If you background image is accidentally deleted you have to restart the entire page, because there is no way to place it below the existing components.

you can also rename object ID too 

The big problem is when you have code on the controller referencing the component ID, then you delete a component. All of the IDs are then offset and you have to realign then in the controller. This is nasty!

2 people like this

There are two function buttons for picture library.

1.if you deleted the picture by mistake,you can use the "insert" function to add the same picture into the same place( the new picture is inserted above the selected picture).

2.if you want to change the picture for a new one, you can use the "replace" function.

3.These two functions require the same quantity of the new pictures and old pictures.

In my case, I accidentally deleted buttons from on of my page and then I put them back. The component ID was changed and so the referencing information also changed.

I missed option to UNDO and reallocate ID here.

Secondly, is it possible to send touch information of component by name instead of of ID through UART?

5 people like this

It is through the name of communication, but ID is also very useful.In the same interface name is best not to be the same.

The big problem is when you have code on the controller referencing the component ID, then you delete a component. All of the IDs are then offset and you have to realign then in the controller. This is nasty!

7 people like this

The Nextion Editor has since added Arrow Up (Bring Top) and Arrow Down (Bring Bottom) to the toolbar.

Using these arrows it is now possible to completely reorder all component ids for the components, with the exception of the Page component which will always retain id=0

As this is a historic topic, this will be marked as solved.