Start a new topic
Not Taken

Move images

It would be great if we could programmatically (serial commands) move images (x, y, rotate, hide, ...). Thanks

12 people like this idea

This would be a nice feature in connection with transparency (rotating rectangles don't always look great ;-) ).

I've just opened a feature request for transparency.

1 person likes this

I'd love to be able to create a custom dial for a gauge instead of just the line (unless I missed something...) which would mean adding an image and rotating it etc.

1 person likes this

@Jeff et al, if you want this you might like to upvote this proposal too

Proposal for extension of progressbar or gauge

1 person likes this
@ Jeff:
I made the same probosal month ago
http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/1000065645
but no answer from ITEAD ...

1 person likes this

Maybe we should submit it as a bug instead of a feature request :-P

On a related note (mostly in regards to sprites), this is sort of what 4d systems does with their workshop, except that the app will generate the sprites for you - I guess its not technically sprites, IIRC, a sprite has all the 'images' in one wide or tall image and x,y cords establish which part to load.  The 4d route you can provide the background and foreground, start and stop points and then spit out the images in between, so if you have a gauge who's range is 90*, you'll get 90 images in a folder etc. This as opposed to having the processor in the screen rotate the image.

@Bspranger, there is the `pic` command to draw a pic at a given position (but no rotation and you need to refresh between two positions to erase the previous pic).

I also added a function wrapper in my Particle lib

https://github.com/ScruffR/ITEADLIB_Nextion/blob/develop/firmware/NexGraphing.cpp

any new update on this topic? I used the "pic" command and refresh the screen but it causes an ugly flicker as the screen updates (I am continuesly moving a dot on the screen...)

1 person likes this

@Jeroen, I have been trying to use the "pic" function but I think I do something wrong... I get "invalid ID". were do you store the pictures and what are their ID? just the default ID seems not working. Cheers

Actually, I just figure it out... cheers! (i had the same picture already in use!)

ok :-)

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

pic picq, xpic for pictures over serial was implemented

Rotation probably a long wait as Nextion is

- integer based, lacks floating point, lacks trig/graphic functions in firmware

Best results for rotation is to create a series of pictures in rotated form, and swap pics by number.

rotating pictures / components has been listed previous and carries.

Possible through user code.  Not needed to be implemented

How is rotation done via user code?

Login or Signup to post a comment