Start a new topic

My experiences

I have done some experiments with the Nextion Editor in combination with an ATmega328 and C (not C++) programming (Studio 6 from Atmel) with nice results. The Nextion Editor is not really user friendly, but if you keep some things in mind it works. Some remarks:
1. The order of components when combining them should be carefully chosen.
2. A refresh command for a background image has no effect.
3. Gif images with transparent pixels should also displayed as transparent, now that is not the case.
If some one is interested, I will give the resources for the Nextion Editor and Studio 6.

gif
(9.11 KB)
gif
(17.8 KB)

4. It is not really clear if a component ID must be unique for the whole HMI or only for the active page? There is no protection in the Nextion Editor for this problem (no compiler error).

5. Scalable images!!!

1 person likes this

I'm interested. Have the feeling that ITED fumble with
Nextion Editor.

ITEAD must make it open source!

@Wijnand Nijs

For what kind of components ?

4. It is not really clear if a component ID must be unique for the whole HMI or only for the active page? 

If you look at the 24.HMI example file, page 0 and 2, you have a Text component with ID '1' and name 't0' on each page, so it doesn't need to be unique for the whole HMI project. See picture :

By the way, the ID is generated automatically by Nextion Editor, you cannot change it yourself (as far as I know). If you delete a component, all other components with higher ID are changed automatically !!

In your Arduino code, you need to use different names for the components which have the same objname. Something like this if you use the ITEAD library :

NexButton b0_0 = NexButton(0, 1, "b0");
NexButton b0_1 = NexButton(1, 1, "b0");
NexButton b0_2 = NexButton(2, 1, "b0");

@Raphaël

For what kind of components ?

I meant the background of a page. So if you design a control or indicator, don't use the page background as part if it, because it's passive.

4. It is not really clear if a component ID must be unique for the whole HMI or only for the active page?

You're right in respect with the component ID's, the are not unique for the whole HMI but only for a page. For me a reason more to give all the components unique symbolic names (see above the speed/mph indicator), so control from a controller is more clear and not depending on deleting or adding components in a page.

1 person likes this
B.T.W. For people who are interested in how to design real HMI's... I attached a nice reader from Schneider Electric.

pdf

2 people like this

I meant the background of a page. So if you design a control or indicator, don't use the page background as part if it, because it's passive.

Interesting... 

I tried to send command 'home.pic=8' to the display (page 0 of the 24.HMI example file). The result is that the new background picture covers the whole screen (old background picture and all components). Then you need to refresh all components to make them appear again above the new background picture...

home.pic=8ÿÿÿ

ref t0ÿÿÿ

ref t1ÿÿÿ

ref t2ÿÿÿ

ref t3ÿÿÿ

ref t4ÿÿÿ

ref t5ÿÿÿ

ref t6ÿÿÿ

I don't know if this is done on purpose...

A page with all his components is build up in layers. Every time you refresh a component, you have to refresh all the layers on top of that.

1 person likes this

Hi,@Wijnand Nijs. Thank you,@Raphaël. 

1. The order of components when combining them should be carefully chosen.

Just as @Raphaël. said. the order of components is only for the page.

2. A refresh command for a background image has no effect. A page with all his components is build up in layers. Every time you refresh a component, you have to refresh all the layers on top of that. 

Thanks! This is a big bug. We will add a new "ref" command to refresh the whole page.Nextion Editor V0.22 will be fixed.

3. Gif images with transparent pixels should also displayed as transparent, now that is not the case.

To support transparent images is very cool. But the software can not support it at present.

4. It is not really clear if a component ID must be unique for the whole HMI or only for the active page? There is no protection in the Nextion Editor for this problem (no compiler error).

Likes the first one. Every componet ID is unique for the active page. Protecton from the page ID.

5. Scalable images!!!

Sorry,can not support at present.

6.Nextion V0.22 will be released in Early Aug.

6. It would be nice if the window settings (window size/place) are saved (in the project or default settings of Nextion Editor). The default full screen default hide all other windows.

2. A refresh command for a background image has no effect. A page with all his components is build up in layers. Every time you refresh a component, you have to refresh all the layers on top of that.

Thanks! This is a big bug. We will add a new "ref" command to refresh the whole page.Nextion Editor V0.22 will be fixed.

Does this mean that the page with all of his components are refreshed or only the page background?

6.In V0.22. You can scale the window size and  drag the frame of working area.

7.The new "ref" command is for the page with all of his components. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment