Start a new topic

2.4" display - version operable in horizontal and vertical orientation

is the 2.4" display - version operable (and programmable) in horizontal and vertical orientation as well as the 4.3" -version ?

1 person likes this idea

Yes, if you click on 'Resolution' you can choose between 'Horizontal' and 'Vertical' direction.

You can do this for all resolutions (both 2.4" and 4.3" displays, the physical size doesn't matter).

I would recommend you to download Nextion Editor Beta available here:

http://itead.qiniudn.com/nextion-setup.exe

and download the Example:

http://blog.iteadstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Nextion-2.4-example.zip

so you can check how the different functions work.

Available resolutions:

But I don't know if the orientation can be changed programmatically.

It seems like the orientation is defined for the whole project, so it is probably not possible to mix horizontal and vertical pages in the same project.

thanks for your answer,

I know that this is possible within the nextion editor (in general).

And yes, the orientation is defined for the whole project.

I asked this question,
because in the early days of the nextion project, I read somewhere (I think on the Indiegogo -page)
that all of the current and planned display -versions and -sizes are able to be operated in horizontal and vertical orientation EXCEPT the 2.4"-type (?)

maybe somebody from the itead staff can give the answer later ...

1 person likes this
ah I found this former statement on the page:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nextion-a-cost-effective-high-performance-tft-hmi#/updates

see attachment

png

1 person likes this
"Jerry" from TEAD Studio,
just answered via email, that all of the current and planned display -versions and -sizes are able to be operated in horizontal and vertical orientation !

(the statement of "Sherry Wei" (shown above) is just wrong / outdated)

1 person likes this

I am now reviewing all of the Feature Requests, this will take some time, patience please.

Current versions support any orientation 0, 90, 180 and 270 for every model - implemented

Carried forward: multi-orientation within the same project.

is the 2.4display - version operable (and programmable) in horizontal and ... for the whole project

2.4" display - version operable in horizontal and vertical orientation for the whole project,

i have my project in vertical but would fit in my case horizontal better 

a programmable change of orientation at runtime is yet not possible. Once defined at designtime, it is used for the whole project ...

thank you for  the info 

just to mention

- when you take plain objects, it won't matter which orientation you use ...
- the only influenced is all text output ...

- text inside a textbox
- text on buttons

- numbers

For static text pages, you can just use rotated graphics for the texts ...

For dynamic changing texts, how about just using an e.g. 90' rotated TTF font as base, create the zi out of and just use inside your HMI ...

Furthermore you can have a landscape and a portrait page, all Objects can stay same indeed at different positions, but use different fonts ...

just a thought ... :-)

Login or Signup to post a comment